Could not find the klip, had fun though !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
Did anyone ride to the klip today ? I only made it to the Canal at 9am. First I went down the wrong dirt road, I ended up going back and finding the second dirt road that ran along the canal on the right.

DSCF4782.jpg

DSCF4784.jpg

DSCF4785.jpg

As far as I went I looked for tracks and it seems one or two of you guys rode there today ?
I could see some spin marks on the dirt and ds tyre tracks. I followed the tracks upto the train track where they turned right and led to the tar road. I now had no idea where I were and could not see any damn klip either :? The tar road to the right went to a mine, I turned left and found the canal again to my right and came across alot of mud ! At one stage my front wheel let go and I rode sideays for about 10 meters but managed to stay on. I then got to a crossing where the tracks stopped as well. It looked like someone made a U-turn. The 4-way crossing had a blue panted bridge going over it. I turned right but it led to some locked gates. I went back and wanted to follow the canal but there were no tracks there so I figured I was on the wrong road anyway. If only I got there earlier I could have rode with you guys.

Some nice farms along the way

DSCF4787.jpg

DSCF4788.jpg

I took these pics after passing a Spanish type of restaurant on my right. The mud was getting worse.

DSCF4790.jpg

DSCF4791.jpg

Went through two rocks and it became a two track road

DSCF4792.jpg

This was after the fourway crossing, by now I had no idea where I were. Crossing the standing water was fun though :lol:

DSCF4793.jpg

Back at the turnoff to the start of the trail

DSCF4795.jpg

Rode the Scurweberg road on my way back

DSCF4798.jpg

The weather was closing in and I had some rain near Erasmia

DSCF4799.jpg

Could anyone tell me where I should have rode ? Shark gave me gps points but I still have no mount on my bike.

PS - I spent five hours on the bike today, my ass is sore but overall not too bad for such a long ride.