Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Ladies In Guateng ROCK- and Ride Report !!  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
Re: Ladies In Guateng ROCK- and Ride Report !!
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 07:34:02 pm »
Ladies, Blazes and E-scape i can not apologize enough for us not making it on Saturday. My bike let us down again, the last time as it is gone tomorrow.

It looks like you guys had a really good time, Malibu is going to be gutted when she see's this report tomorrow   :'(

Our ride started of with me riding up from the Vaal on Friday afternoon. We were up Saturday morning bright and early and on the road to the meeting point when 10km from Malibu's house my bike started dying at every robot and stop street. We made it to the top of some big hill in Johannesburg and she would go no more.

Thanks Groenie and Adventurer for the telephonic assistance you guys gave me so early in the morning. Wild Dogs for life  :ricky:

We put the bike back together and went back the 13km to Malibu's place with no issues, till later that day. Thats another story  :P

Glad you guys had a blast.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2008, 08:24:22 pm by Smithey »

Offline GundaGunda

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kymco (all models)
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 07:39:21 pm »
Great you had a great time ladies.
In a way I am pleased I shirked sweeper duty as it seems I would have had had my hands full  ;D
There is a lady in the foties who looks very much like a lady I knew called CaveGirl, but she had a KLE and different hair colour.
Retired from Adventure Riding.
KLE500 & XTZ660 Gone *sigh*
Now Scooter Commuter & Softroader Softie.

Offline TravelGravel

• The Mud Ninja
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 07:53:29 pm »
Hey Gunda!

We had such a blast, you would've been proud of us gals... it seems that the training paid off in a big way! :mwink: But I am not sharing what we were taught - what happens at the training stays at the training.  :angel5: 

The next 80 odd k's that you are stuck behind me, may feel more like 40.....   :pot: 
Of course I don't look busy .... I did it right the first time.

I would rather grapple with the sands of the Sahara than the sands of contemporary society. (Theresa Wallach - The Rugged Road)

KTM 690 Enduro Yamaha TT-R 230

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 09:06:56 pm »
You gals did well, looks like you all had a gas, but EISH, we never taught you to crash so well.......
The next training day is coming up shortly..... :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline JourneyMan

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Pretoria
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 09:14:58 pm »
Lekker! Lekker!

Great day's riding and valuable experience notched up! :thumleft:
He who angers you, controls you.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2008, 07:11:30 am »
Ladies, Blazes and E-scape i can not apologize enough for us not making it on Saturday. My bike let us down again, the last time as it is gone tomorrow.

It looks like you guys had a really good time, Malibu is going to be gutted when she see's this report tomorrow   :'(

Our ride started of with me riding up from the Vaal on Friday afternoon. We were up Saturday morning bright and early and on the road to the meeting point when 10km from Malibu's house my bike started dying at every robot and stop street. We made it to the top of some big hill in Johannesburg and she would go no more.

Thanks Groenie and Adventurer for the telephonic assistance you guys gave me so early in the morning. Wild Dogs for life  :ricky:

We put the bike back together and went back the 13km to Malibu's place with no issues, till later that day. Thats another story  :P

Glad you guys had a blast.

Please Tell.

Ilove the other Stories. ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline bmad

• Wannabe Poser
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
    • Vintage Motorcycle Club
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2008, 07:12:13 am »
Well done ladies  :thumleft:

EsKaPe you lucky baastid, thaks for the heads up >:D >:D
Congrats Misty on the inauguration, job well done indeed  :mwink:

Thanks Blazes for looking after the ladies, you too are a lucky baastid  :biggrin:
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

Offline Dolf

• Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2008, 07:28:48 am »
That is a lekka breakfast / lunch spot in Cullinan. They make those huge Chuckleberry style juicy burgers....yum.

Offline GO GIRL

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2008, 08:11:01 am »
Well done WD Gals  8) 8)...a lot learned and gained hope to ride with you sometime.... :biggrin:

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2008, 08:11:21 am »
 :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

Ok, I'm done now...

Wow girls, looks like you had the bestest time... sorry we missed it... but next time...  :biggrin:
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline GO GIRL

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2008, 08:26:09 am »
Malibu you cant miss something like that......!!! but i know what it feels like sometimes one just cant make it :( :( :(

But there will be other opportunities to do that and then one makes up for last time, but get out there and ride  and have fun... ;)

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2008, 08:31:00 am »
Not all was lost... I got those new boots I was oogling for ages...  :biggrin:  and they are fantastic... next time I'll be out there in better gear... and I can pull the POSER look now too!   :biggrin:

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2008, 08:59:00 am »
Blazes you ROCK!!! Thanks for a great ride report  :)  Just to add my thanks to Blazes for a really great ride, I am just so bummed that I could not join the whole ride but have to agree that taking it slowly and keeping to tar for the first few Kâ??s was a good call. TG, SL & Misty thanks for all the encouragement, to our sweeper for helping me pick up the bike. Malibu sorry you could not join us.
Blazes thanks for sorting out a CD of the photoâ??s â?? really thoughtful!!!
I am going to have to get the bike lowered as the ground keeps disappearing under my feet. 
Took a slow ride home via Witbank and the bike is really great to ride even though I had to keep it below 5000 revs. Not sure how to explain it but itâ??s so BALANCED....
Canâ??t wait to get back out onto the dirt.
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline Misty

• BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 09:32:58 am »
Rock and Ride â??gotta love it!!  :ricky:

THANKS VERY MUCH blazes for organizing this awesome ride and for being brave enough to handle a bunch of girls and itâ??s my pleasure for dragging eSKaPe along, I mean I couldnâ??t subject you to us all by yourself (gee, even Smithey chickened out, so obviously you needed all the help you could get!)  >:D  ;) â?? only kidding, and Malibu you were sorely missed! (besides, think eSKaPe liked being behind so many chicks!)  :mwink:

As for me and my rocky encounter â?? what exactly it was that distracted me I can not tell (flowers, cameras, itâ??ll all be my little secret),  8) but I must admit, I didnâ??t intend to make that slip and slide look so impressive, but hey, someone has to provide the entertainment right! (no, wasnâ??t showing of SL â?? ok, maybe just a little, see where it gets you though)  ;D And heck no, having no back break definitely wasnâ??t going to stop me from enjoying the rest of the ride and the day, after all this was only the beginning of it and had been looking forward to it for way too long (but for sure that Vodka helped a lot to get the courage going â?? thx eSKaPe!).  :thumleft:

I had an amazing ride, lunch and time with you all on Saturday. I learned a lot more and I know I have A LOT more to learn still, but thatâ??s the fun part! So Adventurer you mentioned something about the next training day? (although I can skip the sliding section now)!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Travel Gravel â?? worshipping is worshipping, be it water or rocks, hie hie -  :D as for the other two ladies, well done for not falling prey to the urge we salute you! Looking forward to riding with you all again soon!  :P

And blazes, would love that CD with the pics, thx a mil again for everything  :thumleft:
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline malgat (RIP)

• RIP 17/06/1953 - 29/10/2009
  • Bike: Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
  • IF WE LIVED BY THE RULES WE'd NEVER HAVE ANY FUN
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2008, 09:43:36 am »
Dammmm....im so proud of you girls and so envious of blazes.....

Babes in the Woods !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IEP KRUGER
Suzuki TS400
KTM 125
AFRICA TWIN XRV750

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2008, 09:45:51 am »
Misty - next ride babes... I'm there!   8)

Offline eSKaPe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • As in "The Great Escape"
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2008, 11:23:55 am »
Agreed, it was a great route to ride thanks to Blazes - a mixture of gravel, rocks, a bit of sand here and there and even a water crossing, and the pics tell the rest of the story. Of course the pleasure was all mine to spend the day with the ladies, they handled all the obstacles and made it back in one piece - I only had to pick up 3 bikes and there were 4 ladies so well done!!!

Offline eSKaPe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • As in "The Great Escape"
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2008, 11:28:05 am »
Well done ladies  :thumleft:

EsKaPe you lucky baastid, thaks for the heads up >:D >:D
Congrats Misty on the inauguration, job well done indeed  :mwink:

Thanks Blazes for looking after the ladies, you too are a lucky baastid  :biggrin:

Bmad sorry it was by "special invitation" only!!!

Offline Misty

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2008, 11:37:03 am »
Misty - next ride babes... I'm there!   8)

Great - looking forward to it!!  :ricky:
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline Misty

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2008, 11:39:09 am »
Agreed, it was a great route to ride thanks to Blazes - a mixture of gravel, rocks, a bit of sand here and there and even a water crossing, and the pics tell the rest of the story. Of course the pleasure was all mine to spend the day with the ladies, they handled all the obstacles and made it back in one piece - I only had to pick up 3 bikes and there were 4 ladies so well done!!!

We didnâ??t make you work hard enough it seems!  :biggrin: Next time then  ;)