PERDEBERG RECCIE - WD Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy660

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
The reccie crew consisted of , Fourie-kop , Mr. and Mrs. Le Cap , Tok-Tokkie  , Wane h and XT660R.
We met at the Total Garage at 08h00 in Richwood This morning.
While we were waiting , Lito and GG piched up to re-fuel on there way to The Training For Nubies , Lito ???( WTF ? )

Anyway we made our way to Slent road and Le Cap took the lead and took us down a bumpy road that leads off and runs paralel with Slent road.
We passed through some farmers yard.And in his front Garden he has 2 fully grown Eland antalope.
The road was very potholed in places but quite ridable.

We proceeded to the route that I had selected up the mountain.
It was very tough going.A lot of loose rocks , moss and wet grass.All the things that get the adrenaline going.
Wayne h tokk point here on his KTM 525 , followed by me , then Tok-tokkie , further down was Mrs.Le Cap and Mr Le Cap  , and sweeping was Fourie-kop.

About two thirds up the mountain it was getting a bit hecktic for Mrs Le Cap  .
Le Cap called me and we decided we would come back down and go a different route.

The next thing , Fourie-kop comes around the corner , Burnt clutch smell filling the air.
How he got up there  , I dont know.

We took it easy back down the mountain.

The next route was at Nick Lows farm.As usual , he was happy to see us.
His sons took us for a ride around the farm , through vinyards , water , mud , ruts , wash aways.
Mrs Le cap was taking strain , but riding with real spirit.She never refused a trail that she was led on and she fell off her Djebel a good few times.
Every time she fell , Le Cap was there in seconds.First with the camera and then to help her.(nice hey !) A true WD.

At around 12h45 we bid Nick farewell and headed for home.
Back down Slent road and on to Occudale road.
All the way down Occudale road , I was on point and Tok-tokkie was sweeping.
At the end of Occudale road Wayne h and I waited for Mrs and Mrs Le Cap , BUT where was Tok-tokkie ?

He is never more than 100m behind.
So I road back , and 50m or so around that 90 Degree bend , by the Blue Gums , my heart stopped.There he lay , motionless.
He had hit 5 potholes in a row and lost it.
Bike threw him off , on his head "again" ( Last one 4 months ago)

I asked if he was hurt , ans. Nope ! But just closed his eyes as if sleeping.After a few more questions it was obvious that he had no idea that he had even crashed his bike.
Le Cap called Metro and I called his wife.She depached his son with the bakkie.
Metro go to us in 20 min (not bad ).
They cheked his blood pressure and vitals and we covered him with a blanket.
It appeared that he had a bad concussion.
The ambulance stayed with us untill his son arrived with the bakkie.We helped Tok into the bakkie and loaded the bike.

Mrs Tok said the he had a bit of a head ache  and would call and let me know how he was tomorrow.
Rest well Tok-tokkie and a speedy recovery old friend.

Pics on the ride I will post tomorrow.

Le Cap , post those pics of Mrs. Le Cap.
She`s a tough cookie !
Well done T___.

I wrote this report soon after we came home and forget to mension , that I called Toni , who was already on a ride in Observitory. He got on his bike with his wife Tracy and made for home.Hooked his bike trailer and came to Occudale road.We met him along the road on the way home.
Toni , many thanks.A true friend , somone you can rely on when in need.