Kaokoland with WildWood Motorcycle Tours -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badseed

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Mid April we headed to Kaokoland, Northern Namibia for one of WildWood's tough Kaokoland adventures.
Late summer rains had turned Kaokoland green, fattened both the huge numbers of game as well as as local herders goats and cattle. On my many trips to the area I've never seen it so lush or experienced such late rain.
Dry riverbeds we use as highways had become wide running rivers forcing a few route changes and sadly the Puros Canyons were meters under water and had to be bypassed. Not all bad and even though we found ourselves stuck in knee deep mud on occasion it made for some fun riding. Even GJ driving the support bakkie had an anxious time before being pulled out of the Hoarusib River.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record this is the finest place in Southern Africa to ride an adventure motorcycle, although tough at times. Can't wait for the June & July trips to see how the landscape has changed.

I'll let the pics tell the story of the eleven day trip.

Attachments

• PPpKENLhTribIWon1JqvCA_thumb_168a.jpg
    PPpKENLhTribIWon1JqvCA_thumb_168a.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 651