MOZ and SWAZI weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rieks

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Myself (1200GS), Cornel (1200GS), Dawie (800GS), Lee (HP2), his 16 yr son Kim (650 X Challenge) and Andrew (KTM 950 Adventure) departed after an early breakfast at my flat in Nelspruit for Bilene, Mozambique Friday, last weekend.

We refuelled in  Komatipoort and headed for Bilene via Moamba (offroad). Perfect offroad conditions. My new topbox however fell off halfway - damanged but still in tact to be mounted again and continue the journey. So guys - don't trust your new design BMW top box - its still not 100% save on hectic road conditions.

We stopped at 2 bars enroute - having an ice cold 2M!

Kim ran out of fuel 2km from the next garage - Dawie amused the crowd with a wheely or 2.

We arrived in Bilene - staying at the chalets at Palmeras resort - app R170 pppn.

Left early the following morning for our favourite tented camp at Mlawula, Swaziland. 4 of the guys headed for Makaneta ferry - to cross the river and play in the sand and mud. Cornel and i decided that our 1200GS's and riders are not in the mood to negotiate this hectic sand and mud. Will get some pics from Dawie and post it later. We instead, headed for the famous Costa do Sol. It was Cornel's first visit to Moz so i leaded him on a guided tour of Maputo. Pub crawling the strip to Costa!

The guys arrived later - covered in Mud - they had losts of fun.

We left the stoep of Costa at app 15h30 - too late to explore the great sunset over the Mlawula river at the camp. Kim's X Challenge experienced battery problems and cut out app 3km before the Swazi border. The problem could not be fixed and dad Lee had to tow him with his HP2 all the way to Nelspruit via Mlawula. Our planned Sunday offroad fun over the mountains to Pigs Peak had to be put on ice.

We were home by 11h00 Sunday morning. Great trip! Thanks guys!

Will post pics asap - experiencing problems with Photo Bucket and Internet connection