rapid bike add on module

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emperor zog

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
OK, much as I love my Africa Twin CRF 1000 I've always felt it lacking slightly in final power, like it needed another 10HP or so. I read with interest the report on ZA Bikers on the Rapid Bike add on module which they added to their Africa Twin and the results thereof. Very impressive sounding. So I did the research and liked what I was reading. Then read that Fire-IT-Up in Jhb had acquired the SA agency for Rapid Bike from Dimsport (Italy). So I contacted Craig Langton at Fire-It -Up who has given me amazing service, and he sent a unit down to me. I have installed it, not without some teething problems. Bike up and running. This has transformed the bike, giving it the kick in the pants that it needed. The Rapid Bike module is designed to eliminate torque and power gaps at low and medium rpm"s and that is exactly what it does. The power delivery now is instantaneous and particularly in midrange is progressive and unyielding, just keeps on coming. It has given the bike bite and a sense of urgency and for me has transformed the riding experience. Its punted as a plug and play but I think that's oversimplifying it as its quite a fiddle and tricky to get to the various sensors and requires removal of the fuel tank amounts others. For me it was quite a learning curve but had the great advantage of teaching me more about the bike. The sensors involved are the TPS (throttle position sensor), the O 2 sensor, crankshaft sensor and fuel injector sensor. My advice if you plan to install yourself is to first discuss with someone who has done it. The Rapid Bike module has too many features to go through here so look it up if you're interested. I can highly recommend it, but its not cheap, just shy of 7K.