Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: “Look What You’re Missing" - The links for on line viewing now added.  (Read 3496 times)

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Strand brak
Re: “Look What You’re Missing" - Series 2 starts this Saturday
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2017, 01:18:30 pm »
Watched the 1st episode,  well done :thumleft: My wife even joined in and commented on how she enjoyed it- and that is a huge compliment :deal: She hates any car and bike show

BMW S1000XR and BMW R1200R
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline BatmanGS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2017, 12:44:08 am »
Hi Guys

Well done, to everyone involved in putting this program together,

I really enjoyed the last series and this 1st episode is really good and informative and show cases our type of riding and can only do our hobby/sport a lot of good.

I throughly enjoyed it, Thanks. 

A pity it's not shown more times over the weekends, especially in prime time slots, I agree thanks to PVR. 

'It's not what you Ride ...........It's who YOU ride with'

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 09:10:55 am »
Eventually got to watch it.  Well done gents.  I did enjoy it.  Pity it is not an hour program.
 :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2017, 11:50:04 am »
Episode three starts tomorrow and we think this one and episode four will turn out to be our favorites.

Firstly, we have interviews with both Hein at the Padstal, and Henk at the Tented Camp and these two guys just blew us away with how they spoke. In both cases we had some script written about the places but we tossed it out once we had cut the interviews as nothing else was needed. Once you've watched Henk talk about the Tankwa, you will just want to go there immediately.

We also put quite a bit of effort into capturing the the feeling you get when riding both Ouberg and Ganaga Passes, and we think we got some pretty stunning footage from the drone while we were out there.

We also have Bainskloof, Katbakkies, DeMond and a stunning place called Blesfontein which is situated right on the edge of the Great Escarpment as well as a bit of a look into Africa Burn. We were actually quite surprised by what we uncovered during this research.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline ButtSlider

• Race Dog
  • DRESS TO SLIDE BEFORE YOU RIDE
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2017, 12:31:22 pm »
Thanks for update Warren.  :thumleft:

All set to record.  :ricky:
BMW 800 GSA  \\ Honda XL700V  \\  Honda Blackbird  \\

Offline NickTheGreek

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2017, 12:52:37 pm »
Any chance of getting Season 2 online in the not too distant future? I don't have access to DSTV, loved the first series though! Thanks

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2017, 01:00:18 pm »
Yes, Nick, we will be uploading the second series to Vimeo as soon as all 6 episodes have aired.

I will post that link as soon as I can get it off the production guys.

"Before you speak, ask yourself, is it kind, is it necessary, is it true, and does it improve on the silence?"

Offline Sabre

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2017, 01:46:23 pm »
Hi Guys

Well done, to everyone involved in putting this program together,

I really enjoyed the last series and this 1st episode is really good and informative and show cases our type of riding and can only do our hobby/sport a lot of good.

I throughly enjoyed it, Thanks. 

A pity it's not shown more times over the weekends, especially in prime time slots, I agree thanks to PVR.
Exactly. If you want to watch "The Bike show", tune to 189, and it will air again shortly. Why can't they give a few of those slots to LWYM ?
"Riding a motorcycle is technology's closest equivalent to being a cowboy. Our modern horse has two wheels instead of four, but it's nervous system is appropriately rated in horsepower" Robert Edison Fulton jr. From his book "One Man Caravan"

Kawasaki 650 Klein Land Rover
BMW 1150 Groot Seun

Offline Sabre

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2017, 01:49:39 pm »
Brilliant program that I thoroughly enjoy

I REALLY hope a third season is on the cards............
"Riding a motorcycle is technology's closest equivalent to being a cowboy. Our modern horse has two wheels instead of four, but it's nervous system is appropriately rated in horsepower" Robert Edison Fulton jr. From his book "One Man Caravan"

BMW 1150 Groot Seun

Offline Firecoast

• Besempilot!
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • Mommy Fairy :)
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2017, 02:49:07 pm »
I was a tad cynical about the new series, due to my comments and reasons which I have posted previously on here somewhere.

But... you lot have redeemed yourselves.  :biggrin:

Although there is still A LOT of talking, I am seeing more of what I am actually missing riding and scenery-wise, rather than that of Warren and his friend's faces... not that they aren't nice to look at, but ja, you know what I mean.

There is also a fair amount of shameless product placement and punting, but once again, it isn't as in your face as it used to be and I get that you would've probably have had to do a fair bit of advertising in order to generate some income / finance for production.

So ja, I am actually enjoying the series so far! Well done.
"Don't let your ice cream melt while you're counting somebody else's sprinkles."

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2017, 03:00:40 pm »
I'll wait till the full series is on Vimeo again  :biggrin:  :thumleft:
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Kykdaar

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Zundapp (all models)
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2017, 03:07:09 pm »
Watched both episodes thus far and enjoyed it.

Well done and looking forward to the rest :thumleft:

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2017, 03:20:36 pm »
I was a tad cynical about the new series, due to my comments and reasons which I have posted previously on here somewhere.

But... you lot have redeemed yourselves.  :biggrin:

Although there is still A LOT of talking, I am seeing more of what I am actually missing riding and scenery-wise, rather than that of Warren and his friend's faces... not that they aren't nice to look at, but ja, you know what I mean.

There is also a fair amount of shameless product placement and punting, but once again, it isn't as in your face as it used to be and I get that you would've probably have had to do a fair bit of advertising in order to generate some income / finance for production.

So ja, I am actually enjoying the series so far! Well done.

Thanks Firecoast, we did try really hard to improve, and took on as much advise as we could, especially when we got kakked out  :o.

We still made a few mistakes though, discarded some good advise, listened to some kak advise, but we continued learning right until the end of filming. And yes, money or lack of it still drives the whole thing unfortunately.   

Also forgot to mention that Hein speaks rather affectionately about the Wild Dogs in Episode 3, spent quite a bit of his interview talking about "us" in fact.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:54:16 pm by Warren Ellwood »

Offline Warren Ellwood

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »
Just noticed that the episode info has been updated (finally). This means though that a series record set for the original wrong info which said it was season one again will now not record. You'll need to set a new series record for the now correct series  two.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 09:37:02 pm by Warren Ellwood »

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Race Dog
  • Strand brak
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2017, 07:45:51 am »
Just noticed that the episode info has been updated (finally). This means though that a series record set for the original wrong info which said it was season one again will now not record. You'll need to set a new series record for the now correct series  two.

Oops, en daar kak ek die kinders nou net uit omdat hulle iets gedoen het dat my recording vanoggend nie gebeur het nie :o

BMW S1000XR and BMW R1200R
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2017, 11:21:48 am »
Fortunately noted that, so I did get the recorded version. 

Heck, I enjoyed this one because of a bike tour I was on a few years ago.  When I saw the route over Bains, Mitchels and so on and knew you were going to Sutherland, I said to the Swambo:  "Watch!  Katbakkies and pass the turn off to Kagga Kamma". 

So, we both enjoyed it very much and had a good laugh again about our venture to Kagga Kamma a few years ago.  The closest I ever came to being a victim of cruel and torturous murder was when the Swambo, after riding all of 40km on those roads arrived at the reception of Kagga Kamma and fell 40m short of the parking area.  I asked: "How does it make sense to ride 40km on this road and then crash with 40m to go?"   It seems, somehow, it was the wrong question.   :o

She swore for 10 minutes without using the same word twice!  Only reason why I am still alive is because the manager came outside, providing a witness ....   :imaposer:

Anyway.  Loved the program again.  Well done guys.
#33 #BRADICAL!

Offline Sabre

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2017, 08:32:49 pm »
Watched epidode 3. Brilliant !!

And well done to the Cape WDs for supporting the Tankwa Padstal, you really got a good testimony from the owner Hein

BMW 1150 Groot Seun

Offline DEE 1150

• Pack Dog
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 10:11:50 am »
I luv the second series !

Well done guys, think it's a huge improvement !!

Offline Serfie

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 10:20:22 am »
Luv the series and thoroughly enjoying it ! Well done guys!  :thumleft:
“So much of life can never be explained…it can only be witnessed and experienced…but above all...life just goes on…no matter what!!”

Previous bikes - 1980 XL125S: 1986 IT200: 1989 XT250:  1999 Africa Twin 750XLV: 2011 XR250 Tornado: 1999 XJR900 Diversion:  1996 Varadero XL1000V: 2007 Transalp 650 : 2015 Kawasaki Versys KLZ 1000
Currently - 2008 KLR650 / 2008 DR650 / 2015 SYM CROX 125 /  2014 BMW F700GS

Offline hugh101

• Race Dog
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 11:48:47 am »
So when can us okes who are dstv negative see the new series?
"a wise man has money in his head but not in his heart"-Johnathan Swift
Bmw 1150 GSA
Bmw  RnineT
Honda CTX 200 bushlander "bosbulletjie" sold
F 650 gs