Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: TANZANIA - bike service/spares places?  (Read 1593 times)

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33°54.712 E018°28.208
    • View Profile
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
TANZANIA - bike service/spares places?
« on: May 16, 2017, 07:50:02 am »
Hi Customer of ours is now approaching Dar Es Salaama, having entered Tanzania:

"Hi Chris: Since I left Cape Town I have covered about 8,000 km. Most of Namibia, northern Botswana, southern Zambia, and the length of Lake Malawi. A stunning ride thus far! I will try to keep posting a photo a day as I go north.
So far my tyres are holding up ok. I try to stay between 80 - 90 km/hr on these TKC-80s and that seems to do the trick. However, there are a couple service items I may need to tackle in Tanzania. Did you mentioned you knew a decent moto shop in Dar es Salaam? (you had mentioned a place you may ship tyres to) If so, could you help point me towards a contact or location?

All the best!
Eric"
So we have shipped tyres successfully before, but are now looking to assist Eric with Dar Es Salaam service info, thanks!
Chris
Chris & Team 021 510 6455 S33°54.712 E018°28.208

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline steveindar

• Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Eish!
    • View Profile
Re: TANZANIA - bike service/spares places?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 08:10:00 am »
What bike is he on? I can send a couple of numbers if you post his contact.

Sent from my techno 6 Chinese upgrade

#Nipplecaps must fall!!!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ???

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 08:17:21 am »
2015 V-Strom - been halfway round the World on it!

http://www.twowheelsonejourney.com/

thanks
Chris

MARINE DRIVE, into NEPTUNE street, 2nd left into SHROPSHIRE street, on the right hand side.
021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za sales@flyingbrick.co.za  support@flyingbrick.co.za
S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 08:19:59 am »

"Hi Chris: Since I left Cape Town I have covered about 8,000 km. Most of Namibia, northern Botswana, southern Zambia, and the length of Lake Malawi. A stunning ride thus far! I will try to keep posting a photo a day as I go north.
So far my tyres are holding up ok. I try to stay between 80 - 90 km/hr on these TKC-80s and that seems to do the trick. However, there are a couple service items I may need to tackle in Tanzania. Did you mentioned you knew a decent moto shop in Dar es Salaam? (you had mentioned a place you may ship tyres to) If so, could you help point me towards a contact or location?

All the best!
Eric"
So we have shipped tyres successfully before, but are now looking to assist Eric with Dar Es Salaam service info, thanks!
Chris

Chris, there is a new member "Roburt" on the 1150 section he lives in Tanzania, maybe he can help.

Oh yes my FD may arrive at your shop today.  :biggrin:
I don't care what religion, race, colour, creed or sexuality you are, I care if you are an asshole or not.

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 08:39:36 am »

All the best!
Eric"
Chris

Chris, there is a new member "Roburt" on the 1150 section he lives in Tanzania, maybe he can help.

Oh yes my FD may arrive at your shop today.  :biggrin:
thanks, Welsh, BOTH point noted, appreciated.
Chris

S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline FrancoisTz

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 09:03:19 am »
KTM het 'n Handelaar met werkswinkel op die Skiereiland, Steveindar sal heel moontlik die adres he.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank amongst those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.

Offline roburt

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 09:18:47 am »
KTM het 'n Handelaar met werkswinkel op die Skiereiland, Steveindar sal heel moontlik die adres he.

HI Guys, will do this in english :-)

There is a dealer here in TZ for KTM, they are the only work shop I know of that work on biger bikes (all the other small local shops do <250cc).

The lady I alsways contact details is listed bellow she normally is quite active on email so send her a message. There office did move to another location not far from where they were so might be a good idea to get there new address as well. The problem you will have will be the spares, they normally only have ktm spares, but I am sure you will be able to ship up. They should also have tires.

Pewa Simbilla

office.polaris.tz@gmail.com

Company Administrator

BUSARA - AGRO MACHINERY (AFRICA) LTD

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

office: +255 787 222518

Please visit at:  www.polaris-africa.com

Polaris Industries USA – Official Distributor for East Africa
GSA 1150,KTM 690,KDX 200

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 09:21:24 am »
thanks, Roburt - detailed reply  :thumleft:  , have passed on your info to Eric.
Appreciated!
Chris

S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline steveindar

• Eish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 06:09:32 pm »
Contact Denis @ +25578454064. Belgian dude born in Kenya, living in Dar. Not quite swahili yet! Tell him what you need and he'll troll around and find stuff. Also has space to camp at his plot and tools enough to do your own work if you want. English is fine, swahili better and French even better. Used to run the KTM workshop in Dar. KTM (Busara) service has gone downhill fast since although mostly due to management and slow sales.  S
#Nipplecaps must fall!!!
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

XRV750 Africa bike, KTM 525EXC plastic Africa bike, BMW1150GS Civilization bike; TY250Z Footup's ???

• Bachelor Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 08:41:57 am »
Contact Denis @ +25578454064. Belgian dude born in Kenya, living in Dar. Not quite swahili yet! Tell him what you need and he'll troll around and find stuff. Also has space to camp at his plot and tools enough to do your own work if you want. English is fine, swahili better and French even better. Used to run the KTM workshop in Dar. KTM (Busara) service has gone downhill fast since although mostly due to management and slow sales.  S
excellent feedback, as always, thanks, Steve!
Chris

S33°54.712 E018°28.208

Offline Hamamelis

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 10:25:57 pm »
Very glad to see this thread exists - while I am more interested in something like an XR250L for simplicity and ease of maintenance, it is good to know where the resources for TZ are as I may be moving there within the next year

Offline Casting from Turd

• I am the reason my children will never have kids
  • Forum Whore
    • View Profile
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 07:48:43 am »
I have a cousin.......  Yes I have family.....  That lives in Amani.../

If anybody needs his number give me a shout and I will pass it on
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero
http://www.addobackpackers.com

Offline steveindar

• Eish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2018, 09:09:15 pm »

A biker turd?

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Tapatalk

#Nipplecaps must fall!!!

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2018, 07:27:18 am »

A biker turd?

Sent from my TECNO Camon CX using Tapatalk

Nah... He is just a turd....  A little one at that  :lol8:
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline roburt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 01:38:00 pm »
Very glad to see this thread exists - while I am more interested in something like an XR250L for simplicity and ease of maintenance, it is good to know where the resources for TZ are as I may be moving there within the next year

the 250's you will not struggle to mutch to find someone to fix them there is plenty of xr250's riding around here.
GSA 1150,KTM 690,KDX 200

Offline steveindar

• Eish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 03:02:48 pm »

the 250's you will not struggle to mutch to find someone to fix them there is plenty of xr250's riding around here.

They are getting a bit old though...
#Nipplecaps must fall!!!

• Forum Whore
    • View Profile
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2018, 03:41:09 pm »

The newer ons are called the XR 250 tornado,,,,

Like the old 50 
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline steveindar

• Eish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2018, 03:50:16 pm »

Like the old 50

None here that I have seen, only the old stuff. I have an XR400 I would sell though...
#Nipplecaps must fall!!!

The following users thanked this post: Hamamelis

Offline Hamamelis

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 06:43:26 am »

Like the old 50

None here that I have seen, only the old stuff. I have an XR400 I would sell though...

I've seen a couple of decently clean early '00s model XR250s on Kupatana classifieds, but that's clean by TZ standards haha (I'd pay about two-thirds to half the price in the USA for bikes of similar quality!), plus the listings are almost six months old by now and I'm not going to be there til July or August if I do get this job!

Let me figure out where I stand with plans over the next couple months, but I will certainly let give you a heads up when I'm actually headed over. Had my interview with the school in Dodoma I hope to teach at, so they just need to sort out some paperwork to get me cleared to work, mungu akipenda...

Offline roburt

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2018, 12:12:36 pm »
just be carefull with kuptana there are sometimes some scamsters on that site so make sure not to pay without seeing bike and paperwork when you do end up this side. The ktm shop in dar es salaam also have some bikes so if you need I can send you the girls details who work there to hear what they have on there floor (normally expats who leave and don't selll there bikes quick enough.)
GSA 1150,KTM 690,KDX 200