Summons for motorcycle / car accident

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Moderator please move if this is in the wrong thread
I am so the M**r in that I want to take this further., so what think you....
I got an SMS this morning stating I owe money for an accident that was the other party's fault WTF
read below
NOTICE OF INTENTION TO SUMMONS IN THE MAGISTRATE'S COURT AGAINST ****** ****** Our ref: MSTIU2122 Our Vehicle: Volkswagen Polo Our Vehicle Registration Number: CY18**** Vehicle Accident Date (Date of Loss): 2017/01/09 We refer to the above mentioned incident, and confirm that we are acting on behalf of Momentum Short-Term Insurance and their insured ********
This serves as notice to ************ pertaining to LIABILITY in respect of the amount of R 8 561.72, which arose out of the mentioned accident. Contact ATTorney  to arrange settlement within 14 days from the receipt of this notice or provide us with confirmation of your Insurance detail relevant to this incident. Failure may result in Issuing of summons, with the intention to obtain judgment and proceed with execution steps such as warrant for attachment.
Yours faithfully

I then replied

Good day
In reference to your letter of the accident on 9/1/2017 , with Mrs  ******* ,I think you get the wrong impression here, your client never gave me her details after taking  my cell number and walked away from the scene of the accident leaving me alone to report it to the Police, as can be seen from the Police report, the accident was caused by her negligent driving behaviour.
I would like to state that your client was driving in the right lane and myself in the left lane , she swerved left in front of me without using her indicators,to get to  the side  road and knocked me sideways, (I was on a BMW ),  she never enquired if I was hurt. I also have a witness to confirm my case.
So im glad that you made contact as I did not know her address or phone number, as the repairs to my motorcycle was in the region of R11460.00 and would like you to claim the monies and be paid to myself.
Kind Regards

So they replied within 10 minutes

Thank you for your reply.

Can you please forward the accident report to me. If not, a detail description and sketch would suffice with correct incident address.

What I can mention is that the Merit indicate that this was an unsafe lane change incident.

In this case there would be an apportionment of 60/40 towards the less “guilty” party in terms of case law. Given the quantum of your damages compared to our clients damages This would be an even split.

I therefore suggest that Each Party Bears his own costs and I will close the file accordingly

Please advise

Regards