Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Press release : Quest - True Adventure  (Read 687 times)

Offline blauth

• Bike: AJS (all models)
    • View Profile
Re: Press release : Quest - True Adventure
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 04:23:54 pm »
This sounds great. A bit like the Camel Trophy yes?

Hardy, it's about time Honda put their back into marketing their product. Glad they chose you for the job.

I think I'm gonna enter...... better get back on my MTB though. I've gotten a little unfit over the last few months.

Barry

Thanks - much appreciated. I do have to tell you though, it takes serious balls for a corporate to embark on a brand campaign like this in times when other brands exit the country.
Something happened to Honda in 2017, and I like it.

I forget the correct term for it but they are applying the concept of investing when times are bad. The motivation is in order to re-ignite a market, fresh innovations are required to differentiate yourself from the competition. They not really the only bike manufacturers at play with this, Ducati have seen huge success with their Ducati scrambler range. Honda is experiencing big success with their Africa Twin, especially in Europe (go figure). Honda have also addressed a market need in the NC range. Could it be possible that they are finally listening to market demands?

BMW tool this leap of faith with Charlie Borman and Ewan Magreggor many years ago and we all know how that turned out in their favor.....flipping fantastically.

Good on Honda.

Offline Hardy de Kock

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
    • View Profile
    • De Rust Outdoor
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 08:37:11 pm »
Guys and Girls

I have had numerous pm's all asking the same questions, so here goes.

1.  You do NOT need to ride a Honda or any other bike to enter. You do need to have a valid motorcycle licence.
2.  You do need to have a valid passport to enter.
3.  There is NO age restriction on entries.
4.  Men and women can enter
5.  40 Semi finalists will be invited to Boot Camp, only 20 will be chosen as official contestants.
6.  These contestants will be flown to Namibia, where they will be introduced to their Africa Twin  and their team member.
7.  During Quest the instructors will test EVERYTHING - Not just your bike riding skills. This will even out the playing field for the less experienced riders.

Please pm me if you have any other questions. - I do not have any influence over the selection of the semi-finalists. Apply, you never know your luck...

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 08:42:30 pm by Hardy de Kock »
I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all.
It is like I can't find a middle ground for moderate fuck distribution.

Offline Herklaas

• Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • Do it, you only live twice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 08:50:42 pm »
:sip:  I am 66, will there be a category for me?  I rode the new AT three weeks ago (belongs to DaveD) piece of cake!.

Herklaas - There is just one category. It is not a race, and the playing field in terms of the different special tasks and challenges will even out the chances to ensure that any team might have a chance to win.
:sip: Thanks, Hardy, I will definitely apply.
Yamaha 50, Yamaha 400, 2 x Yamaha DR 350 LC, Honda CBX 550 F2, Honda TransAlp 650, Triumph Tiger 800 Xc,
Now 2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx.and.. my favorite... 1996 Yamaha Tenere 660 5 valve single.

Offline Hardy de Kock

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
    • View Profile
    • De Rust Outdoor
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 08:58:44 pm »
:sip:  I am 66, will there be a category for me?  I rode the new AT three weeks ago (belongs to DaveD) piece of cake!.

Herklaas - There is just one category. It is not a race, and the playing field in terms of the different special tasks and challenges will even out the chances to ensure that any team might have a chance to win.
:sip: Thanks, Hardy, I will definitely apply.
:thumleft:
I either give too many fucks or no fucks at all.
It is like I can't find a middle ground for moderate fuck distribution.

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 11:21:42 pm »
Shit, this looks like a good reason to apply for leave in September!

I'm going to have to kick a few tires in a Honda shop soon! When do the applications come out?

Andrew

Call to Entry will start on June 26

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Other Current Bikes : Suzuki DR 650 SE & Husqvarna 610 TE.

Offline Probie

• Bike: Honda CTX200
  • The Great Outdoors are waiting for us
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2017, 07:25:28 pm »
Sub and I'm also going to enter. My riding skills are crappy but what the hell, maybe my excel skills can make up for it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk