Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Redneck Motorcycle Collection  (Read 6288 times)

Offline big oil

Re: Redneck Motorcycle Collection
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2017, 03:48:04 am »
Moto-Guzzi
MGS-01

Engine:          Air cooled 90 degree transverse V twin 4 stroke
Ignition:          CDI
Power:            122 bhp @ 8,000 rpm
B x S:         100 x 78 mm
Displacement:      1,225cc
Valves:       Overhead, pushrod activated
Fuel:        injection
Trans:      6 speed
Suspension:    Front Ohlins inverted telescopic fork, rear Ohlins single shock
Brakes:    Front and rear Brembo disc
Weight:       423 lbs
Top Speed:     160 mph

MGS-01, Moto Guzzi Sport Number One, is a purposely built production race bike from this old established company.  Although still using the venerable
 transverse V Twin design, an increase in capacity and the use of four valve cylinder heads results in a good power output.  This, together with light
 overall weight, makes for an exciting Italian thoroughbred.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:41:59 pm by big oil »

Offline big oil

« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2017, 04:01:48 am »
Ducati
200 Supersport

Engine:          Air cooled single cylinder 4 stroke
Ignition:          Battery and coil
Power:            18 bhp @ 7,800 rpm
B x S:       67 x 57.8 mm
Displacement:      203cc
Valves:       Single overhead cam, bevel driven
Fuel:        Single Dell'Orto 24mm carb
Trans:      4 speed
Suspension:    Front telescopic fork, rear twin shock
Brakes:    Front and rear drum
Weight:       240 lbs
Top Speed:     85 mph

The introduction of the Ducati overhead cam singles set new standards in style and performance for lightweight motorcycles.  One drawback was
 the purchase price, often equal or higher than a British 650cc twin.  The sculptured gas tank was known as a "Jell-O-mold" in Europe.  Very few
 Ducati's were imported prior to 1960.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:14:54 pm by big oil »

Offline big oil

« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2017, 04:16:43 am »
This concludes the thread temporarily fellow Wilddogs.  It is time to get on my bike and go away for awhile. 

I took my beloved and healthy 9 year old Labrador Retriever to the vet for a routine appointment.  Returned from the appointment, something wasn't right.  He began salivating terribly and his tongue turned white.  He collapsed and died a few minutes later.

He despised going to the vet.  Vet asked me if I wanted his nails trimmed.  I said no, he hates it, so unless it's medically necessary, no.  She responded they'd at least like to trim the dew claws, so I said okay, only the dew claws.  Vet brought him back a few minutes later, all nails trimmed and she told me they'd compressed his anal glands.  I wish they hadn't.  He despised anyone around his butt hole.  He doesn't allow me to brush his coat near his butt.

He had an ear infection, so I held him still while the vet irrigated and swabbed his infected ear.  It took several minutes for the vet to be satisfied with the cleanliness of the infected ear.  Then she administered some ear goop that would resolve the infection.  They recommended the goop instead of having to administer drops to the ears several times a day.

In all honesty, I think it was just too much for my Grizzly.  It was if he just said fuck it, I'd rather die than to have to go back to the vet again.  I'll miss him, he was one of my best dogs ever.  No animal set foot on my property without him knowing it and he killed every varmint that he caught on his turf.  I have not had a problem with raccoons or possums since I introduced him to our property.  He will be sorely missed.

I'll be back in about a week or so and then I will continue the thread.  I have to get my head right first.  Thanks for understanding.

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • View Profile
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2017, 05:15:53 am »
Ag no man, that is very sad BO. I'm very sorry for your loss, especially as it was so unexpected.  I lost my Boerboel in a similar manner a few years ago.

They become such a part of one's life, their passing leaves a huge hole. Go ride the open road to help blow things clean again.

I'm sorry for you.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:57:21 pm by Dorsland »
"Free men are never equal and equal men are never free"

Edmund Burke

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2017, 05:37:31 am »
My friend, so sorry for your loss.
There is dust in the air as I think back on how happy my old and new dogs were when I came back from the Kzn bash.
Have a lekker trip and find comfort.
Honda hawk400(sold)Yamaha rd400(passed on)Xr200r(sold)Tw200(sold)Sr500(sold to old boet)
Tw200(traded)650 dacar(present)

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • View Profile
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #165 on: August 07, 2017, 09:36:28 am »
Enjoy your helmet time BO. These four legged kids do get under ones skin and when they go it hurts like hell. :(
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Tony the Boney

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Threw away the key and locked the door
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2017, 05:44:42 pm »
All the best Big Oil, know exactly how you feel.  :'(
A joke is like sex.
Neither is any good if you don't get it.

Offline Mother

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2017, 01:59:34 pm »
This concludes the thread temporarily fellow Wilddogs.  It is time to get on my bike and go away for awhile. 

I took my beloved and healthy 9 year old Labrador Retriever to the vet for a routine appointment.  Returned from the appointment, something wasn't right.  He began salivating terribly and his tongue turned white.  He collapsed and died a few minutes later.

He despised going to the vet.  Vet asked me if I wanted his nails trimmed.  I said no, he hates it, so unless it's medically necessary, no.  She responded they'd at least like to trim the dew claws, so I said okay, only the dew claws.  Vet brought him back a few minutes later, all nails trimmed and she told me they'd compressed his anal glands.  I wish they hadn't.  He despised anyone around his butt hole.  He doesn't allow me to brush his coat near his butt.

He had an ear infection, so I held him still while the vet irrigated and swabbed his infected ear.  It took several minutes for the vet to be satisfied with the cleanliness of the infected ear.  Then she administered some ear goop that would resolve the infection.  They recommended the goop instead of having to administer drops to the ears several times a day.

In all honesty, I think it was just too much for my Grizzly.  It was if he just said fuck it, I'd rather die than to have to go back to the vet again.  I'll miss him, he was one of my best dogs ever.  No animal set foot on my property without him knowing it and he killed every varmint that he caught on his turf.  I have not had a problem with raccoons or possums since I introduced him to our property.  He will be sorely missed.

I'll be back in about a week or so and then I will continue the thread.  I have to get my head right first.  Thanks for understanding.

sorry for your loss man
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline Mother

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • ...anything with an engine an 2wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2017, 02:01:58 pm »

still enjoying ..........was wondering if you pacing your posts is a deliberate action or u just like to take time like good wine..... ;)

I'm always  :ricky:!!

I live out in the sticks. :biggrin:  I use my iPhone as a personal hotspot.  I only receive a weak 3G signal, usually 1 or 2 bars of signal at the most.

For some reason, attempting to attach directly from my laptop using the 'Browse' feature on this forum doesn't work for me, perhaps because of the weak signal.

Therefore, I have to upload to photobucket, which takes a few minutes per picture.  While waiting for the uploads, I type out the description for each bike.  Takes 10-15 minutes per post.

Plus, I'm quite lazy in the evenings :imaposer:  My evenings are mornings for you WD's.  Some days I feel like it, some I don't.

Glad you're enjoying the thread Mother.  What states did you visit during your time in the States?  Do you have a RR on WD of your travels here in the USA?

appreciate the effort........yes i did some posts they under global trip reports on the home page
mother ....only half a word ;-)

Offline landieman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
so sorry to hear of your loss BO,nothing like a good long ride to process the loss  of a loved one,four legged or two
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Offline big oil

« Reply #170 on: August 13, 2017, 04:49:13 am »
Fellas, thank you for taking the time to reach out to me and help me through this difficult time. 

We sure do get attached to our loyal 4 legged friends.  When they die, it causes such an emptiness in our hearts n stomachs.

Thanks again for your kindness.  If I was there I'd buy all you guys a cold one so we could shoot the shit about our dogs!

I'm up here in the Upper Peninsula camping, with a nice fire.  Cooked some Boerewors for supper.  Getting my mind right.

Offline Oubones

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:50 am »
Fellas, thank you for taking the time to reach out to me and help me through this difficult time. 

We sure do get attached to our loyal 4 legged friends.  When they die, it causes such an emptiness in our hearts n stomachs.

Thanks again for your kindness.  If I was there I'd buy all you guys a cold one so we could shoot the shit about our dogs!

I'm up here in the Upper Peninsula camping, with a nice fire.  Cooked some Boerewors for supper.  Getting my mind right.
Camping, boerewors on a nice fire.
Glad you are roughing it. :imaposer:
Yes, our four legged friends do creep deep into our hearts.
It was a privilege for your late friend to have had you as his caretaker and friend.
Thank you for being such a kind person and may the sorrow leave you like the morning mist and the good memories give you pleasant thoughts.
Take care and looking forward to hearing from you again.
Honda hawk400(sold)Yamaha rd400(passed on)Xr200r(sold)Tw200(sold)Sr500(sold to old boet)

Offline landieman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 13, 2017, 08:41:39 am »
i do hope it's proper boerie,and not some hotdog mascarading as boerie
don't worry about things you can't change,change the things you can.

Offline big oil

« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2017, 03:48:58 am »
Oubones, you made me feel better with your kind words.

I feel guilt for taking him somewhere that upset him so, and what most likely caused his demise.

I'm not roughing it even more so now.  After 3 nights of camping, 2 of which were rain, I found a reasonably priced mom n pop motel with a hot shower, a/c, and a warm bed!  My spine needed a break from an air mattress!!

Landieman-  it's not true boerie but it's decent.  I'm going to have to find a good South Africa Boerewors recipe and ask my local butcher if he'll make me a batch for the freezer.

Offline Oubones

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2017, 05:28:15 am »
Enjoy your luxury!
Hot shower is always a winner.
Don't pop the mom :imaposer: :peepwall:
Do not feel guilty, it must have been his time.
Enjoy!
My daughter in the UK went to SA day where they had all the SA foods, they really enjoyed it.
Is there not something like that around?

Offline big oil

« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2017, 08:09:44 am »
Enjoy your luxury!
Hot shower is always a winner.
Don't pop the mom :imaposer: :peepwall:
Do not feel guilty, it must have been his time.
Enjoy!
My daughter in the UK went to SA day where they had all the SA foods, they really enjoyed it.
Is there not something like that around?

Will do!!
Nah, she's 50 years past her prime, lol.

I'm not aware of an SA day where I live.  Maybe in a large city like Detroit or Grand Rapids, I'll look into it.  They had stuff like that when I lived in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 01:19:20 pm by big oil »

Offline NoRush

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2017, 04:31:45 pm »
BigOil, thanks for the Guzzi  :ricky:, So sorry to hear about your Fuzzy friend. Enjoy your walkabout. As men we need it to gather our thoughts and hearts.... :thumleft:

Offline big oil

« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2017, 01:21:23 pm »
Thanks NoRush, I'm back with a fresh head.  A little sad when I pulled into the driveway and no Grizzly to greet me, but I have to move forward.

Offline big oil

« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2017, 01:50:31 pm »
BMW
R60 with Steib Sidecar

Engine:          Air cooled horizontally opposed twin 4 stroke
Ignition:         Noris magneto
Power:            30 bhp @ 5,800 rpm
B x S:         72 x 73 mm
Displacement:      594cc
Fuel:        2 Bing carbs
Trans:      4 speed dry clutch
Suspension:    Front Earles type leading link fork, rear twin shock
Weight:       445 lbs bike
Top Speed:     95 mph

The R60 was the touring version of the R69S.  The Earles forks could be easily adjusted to provide suitable steering trail for sidecar use, and many
 models were fitted with a Steib sidecar, such as this one, custom designed for BMW.  This outfit is finished in the optional white color, and has very
 rare period accessories, the tachometer kit and mirror/spot lamps.

Offline big oil

« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2017, 02:02:18 pm »
BMW
R60 U.S.

Engine:          Air cooled horizontally opposed twin 4 stroke
Ignition:          magneto
Power:            30 bhp @ 5,800 rpm
B x S:         72 x 73 mm
Displacement:      594cc
Fuel:        2 Bing 24mm carbs
Trans:      4 speed shaft final drive
Suspension:    Front telescopic fork, rear twin shock
Weight:       457 lbs
Top Speed:     95 mph

In an effort to increase their sales in the United States, BMW abandoned the Earles type leading link forks used for many years, for a modern telescopic
 fork.  Also an all white color was optional, which helped to jazz the basic 1950's design, BMW virtually invented the hydraulic damped telescopic forks,
 putting it into production in 1935.  Today, the majority of motorcycles use variations of this fork, with the exception of BMW, who have developed
 alternative designs.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:04:15 pm by big oil »