Redneck Motorcycle Collection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big oil

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
Hello to my fellow brothers and sisters here on WD.  Allow me to take you on a trip through the Barber Motorsports Museum near Birmingham, Alabama.  If you are a motorcycle enthusiast, I would highly encourage you to visit Barber if you visit the USA.

It's quite a story on how Barber Motorsports Park and Museum came to be.  The Park and museum was founded by George W. Barber, aka George Barber, Jr. in 2003, just a few years after he sold the family Dairy business, Barber's Dairy, where he was Chairman of the Board, to Dean Foods of Dallas, Texas in 1997 for billions.  George Jr. started collecting bikes in the 70's and now with over 1400 motorcycles, George Jr. is listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as having the largest motorcycle collection in the world.

Here is some history of Barber's Dairy (formerly Barber Pure Milk Company) I found on the web:

Quality… Barber Dairies started in the 1930’s. The dairy housed a large ice plant, which produced enough ice to keep the pasteurized milk, buttermilk, butter, cottage cheese and other dairy products cold on company delivery trucks. This was an important advantage for the young dairy in an era when milk had a one-day shelf life.

Purity… The founder of Barber Dairy, George H. Barber, was one of this nation’s outspoken advocates for pasteurization and distribution of milk products from centrally owned processing plants. His personal role in the establishment of the US Public Health Service Grade A Pasteurized Milk Ordinance is widely recognized. This one ordinance changed forever the way milk is processed – ensuring a sanitary and safe milk supply for the country.

Excellence… In the 1940’s, Barber’s purchased dozens of small independent dairies, marking its expansion as a regional dairy processor and distributor. Barber’s ambitious growth continued as the company acquired other dairies in the 1950’s and 60’s. New manufacturing and operational headquarters came in the 70’s, as well as full-service distribution centers across the Southeast. Today, Barber’s milk enjoys the brand equity of an eighty-year old name that delivers a 92% recognition rate in its home state of Alabama. As the oldest dairy in Alabama, Barber Dairies has a respected history of delivering the best in dairy products in Alabama and parts of Mississippi, Georgia and Florida.

Service… During World War II, when milk supplies were scarce in the area, Barber Dairies brought in railroad cars of dairy cows from Minnesota and Wisconsin to Alabama for local dairy farmers. The dairy was able to supply its the needs of its customers’ families even though taking a one cent per quart loss. Barber’s customer-driven philosophy of service first is the foundation of the company’s approach to business.

Innovation… Barber Dairies has a long-standing reputation for raising the benchmark in quality and innovation…from the introduction of wax-coated paperboard cartons in 1949 to the use of opaque white plastic jugs in 1980’s to keep out the light that destroys nutrient content and affects taste and freshness. Direct-store-delivery is another hallmark of Barber’s that makes it possible to deliver on its everyday promise of Freshness. Guaranteed!

I am no professional photographer by any means, so please bear with me.  I'll do my best to give a description on each bike, though I don't have info on each bike so please feel free to contribute any knowledge or opinions on what you see.  Also, if you see a bike you, your father, your grandfather, or your great-grandfather owned, please don't be bashful and tell us about it! Enjoy!