Strange ticking noise on '17 GS 1200 LC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miracle_Salad

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
Hey Guys,

Im new to the adventure market but not to biking, I managed to pick up an amazing deal on a 2017 GS 1200 LC it has about 4300km's on it, I aim to use it mainly on tar and the odd camping session.

While riding it I noticed a strange and rapid "tickticktickticktick" noise emanating from the left hand side of the bike. I have no clue where from though, it happens when I decelerate when for example I cut the throttle back or engine brake. Usually at a speed of around 80km/h or so in +-4th gear. It comes and goes and is not constant. Its just sort of irritating as I cant pin whether its an engine issue or maybe something do to with ABS/ACS? But I mean its audible enough to hear with a helmet on etc. I called my dealer and they said that the liquid cooled motors are noisy, but if I feel uncomfortable I should bring it in... my first BMW GS, amazing bike other than this little issue.

Anyone maybe experience something similar? Im not sure how else to describe the sound lol, maybe clicking?, I wont be able to record it as you have to be moving and I dont own a gopro.