Thithombo game farm outride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Beerkie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
It all started with Blackbird in the social-drinks thread:

“Wel met dooie uitnodigings in centurion en net Slaai wat uit die moot half half byt het n nuwe ding kop uitgesteek. Slaai stig n MootCenturion watupgroepie en daar loop hy soos n ou Ford met net een stootjie! n Paar oblikatoriese vinnige koues volg en loop oor na n kanale rit, waar dele van die kanaal wegraak. Nuwe verskonings om moot toe te MOET ry loop oor in n formele bespreking(met gades) en nou n oornagrit na Thithombo.”

So Blackbird arranged permission for us to overnight inside Thithombo game farm. A few beer meetings followed and two ticks and a buckf*ck later we were two groups leaving Saturday morning towards Nylsvlei. One group riding mostly tar and the other opted for gravel/sand. Over 400+kms of it thanks to Lourens who’s GPS does not recognize any form of asphalt at all.

Myself, Lourens and son Jade left at 6am sharp and pickled our way up to Assen, Rooiberg, Marakele (Bakkers and Rankin’s passes), the lovely sandy sections of Alma which made me religious again and later on it felt to me we’re covering every little gravel road until we ended up in Nylsvlei at the farm gate.
As planned, the two groups met around 2ish and each group followed the route to the campsite.

Here’s the catch: Blackbird informed all there’s “only but” a 30 meter thick sand access road to the overnight camping spot. How does 7km’s sound? Our gravel okes were flying past the paddlers.  :pot:

A gamedrive followed: livingstone eland, buffalo, sable, black impala, nyala, oryx, kudus, small buck, hippo’s, croc’s and a lions feeding session. Africa at it’s best. Then a moerse braai and a wee bit of dram - I heard someone said: “Dit WAS al 12uur gewees”.

Early up Sunday & back home at 11am. Thanks to all, especially the women who kept our manly talk in bounds and speaking only the truth.

Special thanks to Blackbird  - ek skuld jou ‘n tongsoen.

Some pics:

Attachments

• Thithombo route1.jpg
    Thithombo route1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 639
  • T8s.jpg
    T8s.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 613
  • T7s.jpg
    T7s.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 612
  • T6s.jpg