The nut from hell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kykdaar

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
Are Kawasaki engineers complete retards?

So got busy on some basic maintenance on the fugly including a clean and re-oil of the Uni foam filter.

First impressions was good - a single screw holding the cover in place and a simple wingnut bolt to undo and loosen the cage.

When the time came to re-fit the filter (now nice and gooey with sticky filter oil) the wingnut bolt did not want to screw in. Taking the cage out again I notice a square nut lying in the airbox. Fumbled around a bit and managed to fit it into the back of the housing where it apparantly fell out of.

Oh well, second attempt. Hardly touched the bolt or I hear the nut falling out of the housing again........are you shitting me? Surely it could not be designed to be inserted loose into the housing, yet I see no signs of any glue that would suggest that it has come loose. Unf@cken believable. I stick it back with a small blob of prestick.

Taking care to put no pressure on the bolt and to turn it slowly I managed to engage the nut and finally fit the filter.

Decided to check if this only happened to me, but it seems not - https://www.klr650.net/forums/archive/index.php?t-66241.html

Unbelievable.......