My new LC Rallye

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mayhem

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
So, I just popped into Donfords a few weeks ago to "look" at the new Rallye and really liked it even more in person than seeing it in pictures (it's got to be the best looking BMW ever built in my opinion.....ummm maybe not I still think the HP2 is better). So sales guy comes out and says take it for a ride, which I do (BIG mistake on my part) and OMG what a great bike to ride. Anyway sales guy says take the Adv for a ride as he will do me a great deal on the Adv if I like it. So off I go and return very quickly, as I just know that I do not want an Adv and it is just not as great a ride as the Rallye and I'm thinking I can't afford it anyway.I get off the bike and sales guy says so what do you think? I say I don't like the Adv. He says OK let's see what I can do on the Rallye. So long story short is that I could not turn down the deal they offered me on my Trophy and the deal is done.
I took most of the accessories off my Trophy and fitted them to the Rallye. These include BMW bash plate, BMW tappet cover protectors, BMW lower crash bars, BMW spot/fog lights, adjustable rear brake peddle and headlight guard.I left the quick shifter and wide foot pegs on the Trophy as the Rallye already has these.

I have had the bike about 2 weeks and yesterday did the 1000 k service so now can ride a bit harder  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:.This bike just fits my requirements right down to the last detail and I have absolutely not a single thing that I would change with regard to power, handling, brakes or looks.

There are just a few things that I need to do to make it perfect. Although I do most of the riding one-up my wife still loves to get out for a ride as well so the single seat is an issue, but not a problem as the stock 2-seat off a std GS will fit so that is in the pipe line. The next thing is the Top Box is positioned to far back and looks crap with the short single seat so that need's to be addressed.
The last thing is the exhaust MUST be sorted, so I grab the SC Projects slip-on that Noneking has up for sale and fitted it last night  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
@ Noneking, you never told me that it will be nearly impossible to ride the bike under 5000 rpm... I can see this pipe is going to cost me >:D >:D >:D a fortune in speeding fines as it just wants tooooo rev :lol8:

I have 2 issues that need to still be resolved: very noisy tappet noise on right cylinder and some surging while riding at a constant throttle position.
Noisy tappet is going to be monitored by myself and the dealer and I'm hoping the surging will be sorted by fitting a booster plug ( I forgot to mention to the dealer about the surging so I will still do that)

Attachments

• Rallye with pipe.jpg
    Rallye with pipe.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 663