wind speed advice :-) cape town guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roburt

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
OK, so I am flying down to cape town wednesday to go get my 1150gsa, it looks like I am bringing the tanzanian rains and wind with as the prediction looks quite ruff for Wednesday. My question is how windy will it be ? Looks like the mentioning up to 50knots, but I would presume it will be on the ocean. I will collect the bike in belville and ride to somerset west to go collect some boots and then to greenpoint capetown to sleep the night. Then leaving thursday early for bloem.

Will it be rideable in the predicted conditions (I am a good rider with +- biking 120 000KM ) . I am not woried about rain just the wind ? Any advice would be apretiated, I have a plan B where I only collect the bike the thursday but that will delay my start with a few hours

thanks

PS :  I am posting here as you guys know the bike, my ktm690 for example would have been a bit tricky in high wind, but guesing the gs weight might help