Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Best Suspension News Ever!  (Read 987 times)

Offline BlingKing

• Don't just fix it - BLING IT!
  • Vendors
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • I will suspend you!
    • Bling King Motorcycles
The Best Suspension News Ever!
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:44:13 am »
It has taken a long time and a bit of pull with Germany....but!
Nobody has been able to do guaranteed repairs on K50/K51 LC shocks - there is a certain Pta based person who shall not be named that has attempted this UNSUCCESSFULLY. His repairs have all ended up in my workshop for re-doing as WILBERS have the only upgrade that effectively works in conjunction with the BMW OEM ESA system, called the WILBERS WESA DYNAMIC ESA.

This upgrade uses a lot of the internals of the BMW OEM shock, so if the shock has blown it has previously been a problem. There was no fix.
However because of WILBERS close tie in with ZF/SACHS (the originators of the BMW LC ESA system) and of course BMW AG - I can now as the official AFRICA agent and importer for WILBERS AG we can now offer the replacement seals for the shock internals.

This now means that BLING KING Motorcycles are the only ones that can do repairs to LC suspension as well as the obvious upgrades and lowering!

BTW we also have the seal kits in to do repairs on the ESA motors as well on these bikes as well as the Air Cooled and K series!

You can reach us on 011 234 8161 or sales@blingkingbikes.co.za
Professionals is Suspension Matters
We Service & Repair Dual Sport & Adventure Bikes
Upgrades, Repairs & Replacements of Shocks & Forks
Our quality is our key!

The following users thanked this post: AntVan

Offline Copernicus

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
  • Crossroads in the dirt.
Re: The Best Suspension News Ever!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 03:57:23 pm »
Thank you for this news, Denver.  :thumleft:

So will you be doing all the repairs for the agents too?  Could be good business for you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:05:00 pm by Copernicus »
I started biking as an under achiever and it went downhill from there...

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • I will suspend you!
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:46:16 pm »
Thank you for this news, Denver.  :thumleft:

So will you be doing all the repairs for the agents too?  Could be good business for you.

Indeed I will be Squire - busy getting the news out to all the BMW Motorrad Dealerships as this will be a great help to their customers who would otherwise have to fork out a LOT of money for a replacement shock at R38 752.00  ::)
Our quality is our key!

Offline Baffler LC

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 01:43:01 pm »
Hi Denver, this might not be the right place but seeing that you know a lot about suspension and shocks, can one adjust the front shock of the 2017 BMW 1200GS Trophy Edition?

The handbook doesn't show anything and the sales staff didnt even know where the manual rebound adjustment was.....

Thanks

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • I will suspend you!
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 01:05:31 pm »
Hi There

I replied to your e mail with all the answers.
Our quality is our key!

Offline AntVan

• I am the Zipslayer! Hear me zzzzzzzzp!
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 09:37:41 pm »
So my '13 at some point developed a leaky front shock. This might or might not correlate with the fact that I hit something in the dark, something furry and eventually messy. Correlation does not imply causation.

Dealer did their best, but after three months I returned the bike with the same leak. Dealer gave up and accepted the job as a failure, so they recommended Denver. Denver discovered more damage inside the shock and we had to wait for some parts not part of the kit, but we had her on the road again soon enough. Then I felt the dreaded feeling again, and sure enough there was a small leak. Denver took one look, opened everything up and troubleshooted the whole shebang. He even had the strut on a lathe to check for straightness. Well, he came back and diagnosed the shock with damage inside the cylinder (or at least that's how I understand it). He sourced and collected second-hand shock and rebuilt the Wilbers kit into this one. Long story short, this is probably the best service I've had in years. Denver worked over the weekend to get my bike back to me before he left, and when I came over he had a couple of other bikes still being worked on. Thank you Denver

I don't always drop my bike, but when I do, I prefer to drop her in front of a crowd