Bloemfontein to Kenton-on-Sea and back in 4 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Probie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi Dogs,

Going to post this in English for all the non-Afrikaans outjies.

I planning a ride for 4 days from Bloemfontein to Kenton on Sea and back leaving the Wednesday morning very early. Was thinking of a sleepover that night towards Kenton somewhere.
Thursday will be at Kenton on Sea and then I'll have the Friday and Saturday to get back home. I will be taking my tent and will be doing this trip on a budget, so no fancy stuff.
I would like to stick to gravel roads as I will be traveling on my Honda CTX 200 Bushlander (80km/h). Don't worry I've got a bud from steel so as long as the bike can handle it, I will handle it.

At first I did not want to share this but I'm actually taking my Mom and brother's ashes to Kenton. So this is the final goodbye. I want it to be a special ride as I see it as one final trip on my bike together. Just us and the gravel in front of us.

I would really appreciate any recommendations for routes (Gravel mostly if possible) and accommodation (tented or B&B).  :thumleft: