Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Routes Information  (Read 164 times)

Offline krokonoster

Routes Information
« on: June 20, 2017, 02:37:02 pm »
Just started reading today about routes.
Never used my GPS for that purpose since I got the bike, so will download some and put them on the GPS and see how that work.

Since I never did it, perhaps my question are useless:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have routes listed with things like "Distance", "Duration", "Difficulty Level", etc?  Or is some of that already in the file and shown when one upload it  to your GPS (I got whatever comes on a 2017 GSA.. Garmin something)

ps: Mods, feel free to remove or move this post, not sure where to ask

Online Kortbroek

Re: Routes Information
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 11:36:10 am »
Lees hier of vra hier. Baie inligting

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?board=22.0
- you reckon that thing will pop a wheelie? We're about to find out, SLAP that pig!

Offline Dwerg

Re: Routes Information
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 11:43:17 am »
Just started reading today about routes.
Never used my GPS for that purpose since I got the bike, so will download some and put them on the GPS and see how that work.

Since I never did it, perhaps my question are useless:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have routes listed with things like "Distance", "Duration", "Difficulty Level", etc?  Or is some of that already in the file and shown when one upload it  to your GPS (I got whatever comes on a 2017 GSA.. Garmin something)

ps: Mods, feel free to remove or move this post, not sure where to ask

The problem with grading routes is skill levels and bike capabilities differ. What may be a 2/5 to you that takes 5 minutes to complete might be completely impossible for someone else. A 2/5 route on my KTM would be a 3.5/5 at least on my BMW for instance. It's too broad and subjective to grade
Wise Web Worx

Honda: CRF230 x 2, CRF450X, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail; BMW: G450X, F800GS, F650GS Twin, F650GS Single, R50/2; KTM: 250XCW, 690R RS, 640ADV, 950ADV; Yamaha: BWS x 2, Chappy