BMW - AT ?? The turmoil within me!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarooKid

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I have said it before on this forum and I will say it again. I am one of the biggest BMW fans out there.

For the last 15 years I have ridden only BMW. I have only had good service, very few problems and many happy miles. BMW have spoiled us in every regard. We must give that to them. They are great at not making you look at anything else.

For the first time ever I have been really concerned with this whole Stanchion issue. What it did is not make me fear the bike, but question everything I have become accustom to and to start looking at alternatives.

I am confused. Feels like I am cheating on my wife or having to end a relationship.

I have read all the recent topics on the AT, KTM and 800GS. I have ridden all of them and any bike for me is a great bike.

If I am totally honest with myself today - The BMW does not suit my riding style at this stage of life.

The AT is a great bike in all regards and will probably be my first choice, but already getting a dealer to speak to you or come back to you is a challenge.

Ideally I should probably ride the AT for a while to get a proper feel for the bike.

Maybe it is sad that this is the biggest issue in my life right now.