The Anti Women's Day SOB Ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ou Ryperd

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
First off, thanks to all the ladies that allowed their better halves to join me on this ride to the Klip.

Second, thanks to all the brave SOB's that joined as well.

I met up with Silverwolf and Kykdaar under the bridge on the N14, we headed towards Skurweberg for our first dirt of the day.  Nice to get the dust into the eyes so early.

At the Wimpy there were already hungry SOB's, and soon we joined them in a lekker beacon & eggs breakfast.

From there we left towards the 2nd canal, all 16 bikes!!

The canals are as usual - lekker, and now some farmers decided to make nice speed jumps for us.  :mwink:

Our 1st casualty was a eager SOB on a KTM overshooting a corner, sliding through the grass, come to complete stop safe and then to loose his balance and fell over onto Gryshond - that was moer funny!!

Then we lost Gryshond, Gunda & another when Gryshond needed a screw.  :biggrin:  And to place the cherry on the cake, my Zumo decided to call it a day. ??? :mad: Mors dood, moertoe!!  Doesn't want to start up, so now what??  Phone call from Gunda, get their coords, grab Dawie's Zumo, enter the coords into it, and off we went in search of the lost SOB's.

We all joined back together, and decided that a beer a Bakgat is just what we need.  Needless to say, we were not going anywhere fast.  From there we took the final stretch to the Klip.  By now Gunda was leading as he had the route, and Redrider & I played sweeper (sorry for the shower RR)  :imaposer: .

At Jericho Gunda took us straight to the Klip, and up we went (ok, most of us - next time for the guys that stayed on mother earth).  We were treated by the E-Dirt group (they had a social with the locals, and donated some money and equipment to the school) who rode up the STEEP section and made it look easy, except the guy on the blue bike that showed us how to slide down.

We headed back down, and I had to rush back home as I needed to be back by 14:00.  Gunda and the rest went for a beer or two.

Thanks guys, it was lekker.

No post the pictures!!!