Up Lundeansnek via Tellebrige for a special occasion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

171steve

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I had a chance ride up this pass 24/6/17 all just to get engaged.
I never really put a lot of thought in as to how and where to get engaged but when the time came I knew it had to be in the mountains nothing fancy just beautiful mountains.
Im so glad I chose Naudesnek pass, initially I planned on popping the question up Joubertspass but even though thats a beautiful pass, to me it was not close to the beauty of Lundens nek.

We took the Telebridge road from Zastron over Lundeans nek down the Ballochs and Wintersneck pass and then the tar road to Luphela Lodge where we stayed in the silo.

I do have to mention that once up Lundeansnek about 6km prior to the summit we met some farmers from the Elliot region driving up in his 10ton Hino truck with about 50 workers at the back.
He advised that once on the Tellebridge road you should keep left past the Lundeans nek turnoff.
If I recall correctly its the dangershoek road its only about 15 to and back and leads to no where but the scenery is according to the farmer is way more beautiful than lundean nek. I would love to go down this road one day.

Unfortunately we where already close to the summut about 15min's drive from the turnoff to dangershoek and my timeframe did not allow the turnback because i still had a big question to ask.

The road up lundeans nek was in fair condition with only a few bad washaways but other than that it was fair and doable in high ground clerance vechile/suv.
Once up Lundeans nek I took my girlfriend up the sandbank on the lefthand side (driving from tellebridge side) just before the summit and popped the question there.

Heres some photos.
This pass will defnitly see me this summer on the bike I wish I had time to explore more but its frustrating in the car when one is used to the bike as the going is slow.

I can imagine it beign way more pretty and green summertime.

Ps I did put the board back at the spot I found it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_6645.JPG
    IMG_6645.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_6648.JPG
    IMG_6648.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_6646.JPG
    IMG_6646.JPG