Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Canada 🇨🇦  (Read 94759 times)

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
Re: Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #1160 on: September 08, 2019, 09:08:49 pm »
Immigrant, if i Recall you more towards the west of Canada? so not effected by Dorian?

450,000 homes without power in Canada - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49624138

Dorian is surely taking its time to dissipate

Offline immigrant

« Reply #1161 on: September 08, 2019, 11:41:48 pm »
Immigrant, if i Recall you more towards the west of Canada? so not effected by Dorian?

450,000 homes without power in Canada - https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49624138

Dorian is surely taking its time to dissipate

Fortunately very far from me.
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #1162 on: September 20, 2019, 03:46:38 am »

Winter is coming. September is the best month of they year.  But I am working the next 18 days x 12 hours in a row..... so i will miss half of the best month....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 03:47:41 am by immigrant »

The following users thanked this post: Sardine

Offline Ganjora

« Reply #1163 on: September 20, 2019, 05:23:28 am »
it's beautiful,  no doubt.
everywhere looks like the perfect place to pull over for a joint and contemplate.
sunrise and set times at the moment?
mins and max temps?

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #1164 on: September 20, 2019, 05:26:53 am »
Stunning - is that your drive to work from your property? Do you get any traffic? (cars not animals)  :imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline immigrant

« Reply #1165 on: September 20, 2019, 05:38:12 am »
everywhere looks like the perfect place to pull over for a joint and contemplate.
mins and max temps?
And I can now buy it at the corner store.  :thumleft:
Currently 7:00 am to 7pm. End of Dec it will be 9:30 am - 5pm.
Currently 5C to 22C in the afternoon. End of Dec -30c to -15C.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #1166 on: September 20, 2019, 05:42:00 am »
Stunning - is that your drive to work from your property? Do you get any traffic? (cars not animals)  :imaposer:
Coming home from work. 500m from my house. Traffic? What is that?  O0

The following users thanked this post: TeeJay

Offline BigEd

• Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #1167 on: September 20, 2019, 08:39:27 am »
Beautiful!!!   :thumleft:
81 XT500 (sold) 82 GPZ550 (sold)
04 XL650V Transalp (sold) 01 XL1000V Varadero (sold)
88 DR750s Dr Big (sold) 01 R1150GS BMW (sold)
84 XT600 Tenere 34L (sold)
?? Trek 6000 flippen martelpyp (current)

Offline THROTTLE JOCKEY

• Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • Number plate T JOCKEY EC
« Reply #1168 on: September 20, 2019, 09:12:03 am »
mins and max temps?
And I can now buy it at the corner store.  :thumleft:
Currently 7:00 am to 7pm. End of Dec it will be 9:30 am - 5pm.

Love the cold but Jeez how do you deal with that  :o
Ride it like you stole it!

OWN:KTM 950 SE***Suzuki DR650***Yamaha XT 600 Tenere***Yamaha XT 200***Honda CRF450X***Honda TRX 300 Quad***CRF1000AT
LIBERATED:KTM 640 Adventure***Suzuki 200 Djebel
SOLD:HONDA CRF450R***Honda CR250R***Yamaha YZ250***Yamaha WR200***BMW F800GS***YAMAHA XT660 extreme***Yamaha XT660

Online Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #1169 on: September 20, 2019, 10:46:13 am »

I'm out.  :o Can't even imagine how grumpy I will get if I am already a miserable bastard anything under 25 degrees  :biggrin:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #1170 on: September 20, 2019, 10:48:46 am »

I'm out.  :o Can't even imagine how grumpy I will get if I am already a miserable bastard anything under 25 degrees  :biggrin:
Ek het myself belowe dat ek nooit sal woon waar ek nie in die winter buite kan pee nie!! :deal: ;)
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #1171 on: September 20, 2019, 10:59:29 am »
Ek het myself belowe dat ek nooit sal woon waar ek nie in die winter buite kan pee nie!! :deal: ;)

Dit is 'n goeie beginsel om te he Chris  :thumleft:
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.

Offline BigEd

• Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #1172 on: September 20, 2019, 03:21:14 pm »
Nee man, geel ys is cool om te maak...

Offline immigrant

« Reply #1173 on: September 24, 2019, 02:02:24 pm »

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com/news/alberta-man-who-fired-warning-shots-at-bandits-is-now-being-sued-for-damages-by-one-of-them/wcm/67fecb9f-aba1-4e2a-b1e7-fa92cdb66927

EDMONTON — Edouard Maurice, the Alberta father who was hauled before a judge for firing warning shots at bandits on his property, is now being sued by the man who, that night on his land outside of Okotoks, was hit by a ricocheting bullet and hospitalized.
We

In court documents filed in Calgary on Sept. 6, Ryan Watson says injuries sustained to his right forearm in February 2018 caused “severe damages and disability” and is suing for $100,000.

Watson was one of two people who had “entered (Maurice’s) farmland,” as the lawsuit put it.

“As … Watson was fleeing, without warning, (Maurice) attempted to scare (Watson) by shooting a 22-calibre rifle in his direction, but negligently hit the plaintiff in the right forearm,” the statement of claim says.

It's like being victimized a third time

The civil suit was served to Edouard Maurice earlier this month. Edouard, reached Monday morning, said he was “shocked” when he got it.

“It’s going to be hard to go into another court case,” said his wife, Jessica. “Now it’s like being victimized a third time.”

The Maurice case caused outrage across Alberta.

That night, Maurice, who was at home alone with his daughter, was alerted by his barking dogs to people on his property. He told the Post in an exclusive interview last year that he saw people rifling through his vehicles and retrieved his gun — court documents identified it as a .22-calibre rifle. Edouard Maurice told the Post he opened his door, shouted for the two people to leave, then fired two warning shots to scare them off.

Edouard Maurice then called police; he says they arrived some hours later (a timeline the RCMP has refused to comment on) with their guns drawn, saying there were reports that someone had sustained a gunshot wound. Edouard Maurice was arrested and charged with careless use of a firearm, pointing a firearm and aggravated assault.

That a man defending his home and child against robbers would be the one police led away in cuffs rubbed already raw nerves in rural Alberta, where people are on edge over what has felt like out-of-control crime. Doug Schweitzer, the United Conservative minister of justice, is on a tour of the province getting feedback from Albertans on rural crime.

While the charges were withdrawn against Maurice, in June 2018, the damage was done.

What he told the Post in an exclusive interview last year was a decision made in a “split second of fear” upended their lives, and made the Maurices symbols for rural residents across the Prairies; at court appearances, frustrated residents rallied around Maurice as symbols of all that was wrong with the justice system.

In the statement of claim, Watson, who faced several charges related to that night, says he required surgery to put a metal plate in his arm and that he now suffers post-traumatic stress disorder and other emotional and physical discomfort. Watson was sentenced to 45 days in jail in February 2019, but walked free from the court house because of time served.

Edouard Maurice condemns Liberal government’s three-page report on rural crime
‘A split-second of fear’: How Edouard Maurice became a symbol of the fight over rural crime and self-defence
Charges dropped against Alberta property owner in rural shooting
“Mr. Watson has already received some lumps, he was shot as he was leaving the scene,” said Crown prosecutor Jillian Pawlow at the time.

In the civil suit, Watson’s lawyer argues Maurice was negligent, having fired a gun without a lookout; without “reasonable consideration” for Watson being nearby; that there was no “reasonable threat” of imminent harm when he fired the rifle; and failing to exercise other options before firing the gun, among other allegations.

None of these claims have been tested in court.

Edouard Maurice has not yet filed contesting court documents.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 02:04:27 pm by immigrant »

Offline big oil

• R&P No posting
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #1174 on: September 24, 2019, 02:26:02 pm »
 :'(  Just happened to a good man living 20 minutes from my place, except the robber died from a shotgun wound sustained in his back.

Because the robber was outside the home, running away from the homeowner, the law deems there’s no imminent threat, outside the home, therefore the Castle Doctrine did not apply.

A good man is now residing behind bars simply because a couple of drug addict punks were repeatedly stealing from farms in the area and had already stolen from this man previously.

Unfortunately, and how could someone keep their cool under murder charges, the mans attitude towards law enforcement and the courts and his outspoken opinions didn’t help him any.

I’m da Yooper, eh and I like to party...

Offline ZooDog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • ride everything hard
« Reply #1175 on: September 24, 2019, 06:02:50 pm »
You should try keep your temper sharp no south Africa farms are getting robbed blind here and we battling to control it diesel battery’s pivots cables tyres love stock you name it they taking it very fast, scared I’ll be one of those chaps soon cause I defend what’s mine
TIA. this is africa

Offline immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #1176 on: September 28, 2019, 02:59:49 am »
Goodbye summer...hello winter!! Seems like we skipped fall this year

« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 03:01:07 am by immigrant »

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #1177 on: September 28, 2019, 03:14:57 am »
Eish….  :eek7:

Met eish ja...  :pot:  :imaposer:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline BigEd

• Panorama, Cape Town
« Reply #1178 on: September 28, 2019, 03:18:44 pm »
Goodbye summer...hello winter!! Seems like we skipped fall this year

After the heat we had the last few days here in Cape Town I would love your Canadian weather rather...

Offline immigrant

« Reply #1179 on: September 29, 2019, 04:12:10 am »
You know winter is coming when the deer come out to feed.

Ever wondered where Whitetail deer got their name from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk