Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Canada 🇨🇦  (Read 94659 times)

Offline TeeJay

Re: Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #440 on: April 12, 2018, 09:05:34 am »
 :imaposer:
Eat life!

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #441 on: April 13, 2018, 02:27:25 pm »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

@TheAnt @immigrant thanks for the assistance so far and hopefully we can have a beer all together in canada next year

Offline TheAnt

« Reply #442 on: April 13, 2018, 02:29:24 pm »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

@TheAnt @immigrant thanks for the assistance so far and hopefully we can have a beer all together in canada next year

No Problem! Wishing you all the best with the application. Keep us updated.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #443 on: April 13, 2018, 04:20:22 pm »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

No problem. Post your progress/ frustration/ success  on this thread so it could help others
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #444 on: April 14, 2018, 02:57:58 am »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

Good luck Hannes.  :thumleft:

It will be hard, but SO worth it in the end.  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #445 on: April 14, 2018, 07:56:51 pm »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

So which part of Canada are you planning on going to?

If I remember correctly you are an engineer.  As I understand from a friend there they accept your degree but professional registration you will have to do again.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #446 on: April 15, 2018, 02:55:18 pm »
That disappointed look when the calendar says its spring, but you wake up to winter..... :imaposer:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:56:08 pm by immigrant »

Offline armpump

« Reply #447 on: April 15, 2018, 07:44:02 pm »
At least house is warm inside

Offline silvrav

« Reply #448 on: April 16, 2018, 01:48:34 pm »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

Thanks guys.

First snag...CRS points in 1july 207 rework made our points take a nasty dip...from 470 to 340  :patch:

450 is the sweet spot it seems, thus meaning we need to try and find other routes...still investigating

Offline chillin_in_bots

« Reply #449 on: April 16, 2018, 07:24:28 pm »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

Thanks guys.

First snag...CRS points in 1july 207 rework made our points take a nasty dip...from 470 to 340  :patch:

450 is the sweet spot it seems, thus meaning we need to try and find other routes...still investigating

We're also in the process. Did our WES and IELTS last year. Entered the Express Entry in Aug with a Score of 416. Now sitting on 411 with the 5 point drop being a year older. Working on the LMIA for a job offer which will bump us up 50 points. Taken some time for an employer to go through the trouble but they have not been able to find a Canadian willing to relocate for the position. Looks like Lloydminster in AB/SK will be our destination.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #450 on: April 16, 2018, 08:47:48 pm »

Looks like Lloydminster in AB/SK will be our destination.

chillin_in_bots, we will practically be neighbours. I live 90 min from Lloydminster. I go there often to stock up on some toys @ http://store.prophetriver.com/

PM me if you have any questions...or  post them on this thread
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 08:51:33 pm by immigrant »

Offline silvrav

« Reply #451 on: April 17, 2018, 08:52:56 am »
WES started
IELTS booked for 2 June.

Thanks guys.

We're also in the process. Did our WES and IELTS last year. Entered the Express Entry in Aug with a Score of 416. Now sitting on 411 with the 5 point drop being a year older. Working on the LMIA for a job offer which will bump us up 50 points. Taken some time for an employer to go through the trouble but they have not been able to find a Canadian willing to relocate for the position. Looks like Lloydminster in AB/SK will be our destination.

we hoping the same.... we continuing with our IELTS and WES and from there have a year in the EE pool to try and find someone willing to take a change on us

Offline Acajou

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #452 on: April 17, 2018, 11:48:58 am »
Silvrav, where did you lose so many points? Age?

I've also been looking at Canada. I went there for a few weeks to visit family a while back and enjoyed it immensely. It was winter too, so I didn't get the sugar-coated version either  :laughing4:
2010 Suzuki DR650
2009 Yamaha WR450F
2000 Suzuki GN250

Offline silvrav

« Reply #453 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:06 pm »

I've also been looking at Canada. I went there for a few weeks to visit family a while back and enjoyed it immensely. It was winter too, so I didn't get the sugar-coated version either  :laughing4:

thats the thing, no idea...me assessment of roughly 2 years ago report just shows total, not the split. so we need to make up about 140 points somehow.... last round cut off was in the 470 region

Offline Sláinte Mhaith

« Reply #454 on: April 17, 2018, 03:36:38 pm »
Points calculator without having to register:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Age makes a difference if you are below 40.
Language test results count a lot.

Having a job offer can give you up to 50 points (and 200 for management and specific skill sets)
And with a nomination certification from a specific province you can get a 600 point boost (presume this will be difficult)

https://www.visasavenue.com/canada-immigration/canada-express-entry-points-calculator/

Offline chillin_in_bots

« Reply #455 on: April 17, 2018, 06:48:16 pm »

chillin_in_bots, we will practically be neighbours. I live 90 min from Lloydminster. I go there often to stock up on some toys @ http://store.prophetriver.com/

Awesome- will certainly be in touch. Good to know there are toy shops in town! lol. Been watching and great to see a slice of life on that side of the pond. Having lived in Orapa in Botswana for 4 years, Lloydminster will be easy to manage size wise. +40 to -40 will be the adventure. The LMIA process takes about 8-12 weeks and then we'll get the 50 point bump. Last draw was 444.

For the guys in the process- Do the prep work and practise for the IELTS test. Every point counts and you want to get the maximum. There were a couple of guys in our session doing it for the 3rd and 4th time to squeeze more points. French as a second language will give 30 points if you can get the test right- good for the people who have time to learn a new language.

Up until 29 you get 100 points for age, every year after you loose 5 points. Ontario gives the most provincial nominations per year (The extra 600 points)- if you are on the skills list and score above 400 points you can get an invite for that. We have a couple of friends that specifically put Ontario as the province of choice while setting up their profiles and they got the nominations.

Manitoba is also an easy option only if you have a connection to Manitoba. Friends and family give you additional points under their provincial nomination program.

Offline silvrav

« Reply #456 on: April 17, 2018, 08:06:51 pm »

Awesome- will certainly be in touch. Good to know there are toy shops in town! lol. Been watching and great to see a slice of life on that side of the pond. Having lived in Orapa in Botswana for 4 years, Lloydminster will be easy to manage size wise. +40 to -40 will be the adventure. The LMIA process takes about 8-12 weeks and then we'll get the 50 point bump. Last draw was 444.

For the guys in the process- Do the prep work and practise for the IELTS test. Every point counts and you want to get the maximum. There were a couple of guys in our session doing it for the 3rd and 4th time to squeeze more points. French as a second language will give 30 points if you can get the test right- good for the people who have time to learn a new language.

Up until 29 you get 100 points for age, every year after you loose 5 points. Ontario gives the most provincial nominations per year (The extra 600 points)- if you are on the skills list and score above 400 points you can get an invite for that. We have a couple of friends that specifically put Ontario as the province of choice while setting up their profiles and they got the nominations.

Manitoba is also an easy option only if you have a connection to Manitoba. Friends and family give you additional points under their provincial nomination program.
Thanks! will take a look at Ontario. for now just focusing to get certificates, WES and IELTS done

If it does not work out we might head to the states. i send my CV to a company that we signed a partnership agreement with so we have close ties.

Hoping from it comes a job offer then we can move to the states, spend a few years there and decided further.

They even have spots open in Florida so @Mr Zog i might come fishing with you next year....
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 08:10:17 pm by silvrav »

Offline TheAnt

« Reply #457 on: April 18, 2018, 09:24:27 pm »

Thanks! will take a look at Ontario. for now just focusing to get certificates, WES and IELTS done

If it does not work out we might head to the states. i send my CV to a company that we signed a partnership agreement with so we have close ties.

Hoping from it comes a job offer then we can move to the states, spend a few years there and decided further.

They even have spots open in Florida so @Mr Zog i might come fishing with you next year....

I had the same plan initially. Got a job in Chicago and just as I was about to sign Ontario came through.... Not regretting it one bit. Hang in there, everything will work out!

Offline Acajou

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #458 on: April 19, 2018, 07:23:01 am »

thats the thing, no idea...me assessment of roughly 2 years ago report just shows total, not the split. so we need to make up about 140 points somehow.... last round cut off was in the 470 region

As others have said, look into Ontario's provincial nomination program. They seem to pick from EE candidates with slightly less points. Also definitely look at the French option, you can get an extra 30-50 points with a relatively basic level of French. Not the easiest option, but something I'm pursuing myself at the moment.

The States is also a great option. Just seems to be a bit harder to get in and get a Green Card. I like Canada more, but between the "Big 5" my first two choices are Canada and the US by far.
2010 Suzuki DR650
2009 Yamaha WR450F
2000 Suzuki GN250

Offline immigrant

« Reply #459 on: April 21, 2018, 05:20:34 am »
Summer is finally here!! It was 16C today and the snow is melting fast. Too fast. It's causing lots of runoff. Perfect for little boys to play in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk