Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Canada  (Read 74378 times)

Bielie and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline zacapa

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
Re: Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #700 on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:25 pm »
Saw a lot of those chicken buses in Central America like 10 years ago all imported no doubt from State side and Canada - Usually enhanced by cool paint jobs so you could pick them out from a crowd of buses. The guys in Guatemala driving 100 people on a mountain pass down to San Pedro La Laguna would come through corners at speed in the opposite direction leaning at like 30 degrees! It was like a Honda Goldwing coming towards you at max lean angle before the floorboards would grind. Now these centro americano bus driver dudes were doing this with 100 people on board. Our local taxi drivers pale in comparison. Let it be known that Canadian and USA buses see a new lease of life further down south. This is just my egocentric comment after seeing a pic of a yellow bus up here.   :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline immigrant

« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2018, 07:00:43 am »
Pragtige omgewing daai Immigrant. Ek neem aan dis 'n speelbaan vir die fietse daai en nie 'n drafbaan nie? ;D  Bring al daai bome vir jou 'n inkomste?  Hoe lank van plant na sny?

En dan die groot vraag: watter hommeltuig het jy gekoop?  :deal: :ricky:
Dankie Dorsland. Ons is baie gelukkig om hier te bly. Ek kan omtrent nie daai bome verniet weggee nie. Hier is meer as genoeg beskikbaar op die “crown land”. Ons proseseer tussen 12000 en 13000 bome per 24 uur by die werk, 365 dae n jaar al vir die laaste 25 jaar, en die bome is nog nie op nie.
 Hulle sal dit kom sny maar jou nie betaal nie. Jou betaling is hulle moeite en koste om dit te sny en weg te ry.  Maar dit vat so 15 jaar voordat dit groot genoeg (ekonomies) is om te oes. 

Die drone was n Mavic Pro. Nie myne nie, die buurman se seun s’n. My kinders skimp ek moet nie nou een koop nie maar wag tot my verjaarsdag. Ek se toe vir hulle maar ek het gevra vir n WR450F, toe trek hulle net hulle skouers op. Sal maar sien wat gebeur   ;D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:45:39 pm by immigrant »
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha R1, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2018, 10:43:29 am »
Ek se toe vir my hulle maar ek het gevra vir n WR450F, toe trek hulle net hulle skouers op.

:laughing4: :laughing4: :lol8:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #703 on: September 16, 2018, 01:15:07 am »

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 01:25:00 am by immigrant »
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha R1, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Online Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #704 on: September 16, 2018, 03:18:35 pm »
Early snowman? :thumleft:

We're still getting some rain here in the Western Cape even though it's middle of Spring. No complaints, very grateful, but as you say, strange weather.
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3005,00 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #705 on: October 03, 2018, 12:01:54 am »
My neighbour is getting natural gas piped to his house. It’s amazing how these lines are crisscrossing the landscape providing much needed fuel for heating and cooking

This directional drilling machine is pretty cool.

They put this “target” down, punch in the depth, and flip the auto switch in the cab. The drill tip then “hunts” the target. As they drill tip moves ahead they line the tunnel with a type of bentonite clay to prevent it from caving in.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 12:10:45 am by immigrant »

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #706 on: October 03, 2018, 09:02:49 am »
So up until now your neighbour had a loose standing tank that was filled up by a truck?
So how far is the depot of this pipeline that delivers the gas?
Guess ploughing wherever you want is a no no in your area?
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline immigrant

« Reply #707 on: October 03, 2018, 10:37:14 am »
So up until now your neighbour had a loose standing tank that was filled up by a truck?
So how far is the depot of this pipeline that delivers the gas?
Guess ploughing wherever you want is a no no in your area?
Yes. He had a big 500gal propane tank. Problem with propane is it gels up when it gets really cold, and you constantly have to monitor when you have to refill. And they then take their time to come and refill because they want to wait till the last minute to see if the price on that day is in their favour. So they want to deliver when it is at its most expensive.

There are various depots, some above ground, others below ground in caverns. From there it is pumped to various other pump stations and distributed. In my province there are roughly 63000km of natural gas lines.

Most gas and power lines run along the property line. But there is a free service “Call before you dig”. If you plan on digging any hole or pounding in a post you are strongly advised to call them. You are liable for any costs and damages should you damage a line. And you could blow yourself up in the process.   They usually come out within 2 days and mark it.

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #708 on: October 03, 2018, 02:19:31 pm »
 roughly 63000km of natural gas lines.

Bliksem that is a lot, one moerse big explosion waiting to happen if it were in South Africa for sure. :deal:
info@dustriders.co.za
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #709 on: October 05, 2018, 11:46:31 pm »
  :ricky:  :thumleft:

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:03:12 am by immigrant »

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #710 on: October 06, 2018, 03:14:22 am »
  :ricky:  :thumleft:

:drif: :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif: :drif:

I remember some years ago there was a similar type of stunt event being held at a venue in JHB. I was the lead paramedic on standby at the event in case shit went wrong. I can distinctly remember seeing the guys doing their first warm-up jumps and shitting myself. I knew that if they messed a jump up I'd be calling on all my years of experience and training to keep the dude alive until I got him to the hospital.

After a while I calmed down and enjoyed the show... frikken SPECTACULAR!!!!

I'm very envious immigrant  :ricky:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #711 on: October 06, 2018, 06:43:15 am »
Just got back from the show. We sat 2nd row from the front, right between the takeoff and the landing. I had more fun watching my boys face than the guys doing their stunts. He was freaking out! During the ride back he was telling me to build the ramps high, but not too high. I see a broken arm and/or leg in my near future......

Zog, the one guy on the snowmobile had a real bad wipeout. And wrecked his machine real good. I don’t think those machines were designed to do backflips. I tried to take pictures but the IPhone is too slow.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:58:35 am by immigrant »

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #712 on: October 06, 2018, 06:58:24 am »
I cant believe the crowd size. Makes events like this a viable business and eventually it must be good for the bike industry.

Immigrant, your big headaches are lying waiting for you with your kids. Bikes, repairs, maybe (hopefully not) some medical bills. Thinking back, I was lucky to survive my youth relatively unscathed.
Geleerdheid in die kop van 'n dwaas is soos 'n lemmetjie in die hand van 'n aap.

CJ Langenhoven

Offline immigrant

« Reply #713 on: October 06, 2018, 07:09:52 am »
I cant believe the crowd size. Makes events like this a viable business and eventually it must be good for the bike industry.

Immigrant, your big headaches are lying waiting for you with your kids. Bikes, repairs, maybe (hopefully not) some medical bills. Thinking back, I was lucky to survive my youth relatively unscathed.

True Dorsland. Very true. At least the medical bills will be free.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:10:39 am by immigrant »

Offline Dorsland

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Opsaal kerels!
    • Patriot Boerbokstoet
« Reply #714 on: October 06, 2018, 07:12:27 am »
That of course means you can afford to get the kids bigger, faster bikes right?
Geleerdheid in die kop van 'n dwaas is soos 'n lemmetjie in die hand van 'n aap.

CJ Langenhoven

Offline immigrant

« Reply #715 on: October 06, 2018, 07:13:41 am »
That of course means you can afford to get the kids bigger, faster bikes right?
The same logic I used when I argued with the wife....

Offline Splash

« Reply #716 on: October 06, 2018, 06:39:16 pm »
The show is coming to Belgium (Antwerp). Have not bought a ticket, yet. The show is no doubt spectacular.
Gone traveling.

Offline TheAnt

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #717 on: October 09, 2018, 03:15:07 pm »
FLIP! That looks epic! One day when my ship comes in I will take my boys to these things.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #718 on: October 19, 2018, 05:00:49 am »
roughly 63000km of natural gas lines.

Bliksem that is a lot, one moerse big explosion waiting to happen if it were in South Africa for sure. :deal:

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4859246

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #719 on: October 19, 2018, 05:15:14 am »
And it happened?
Hope nobody hurt?
Dakar 650
KLR650