Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Canada 🇨🇦  (Read 89540 times)

Offline immigrant

Re: Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #780 on: November 13, 2018, 07:04:44 am »
:)  wonder if he will go with you again  :)

I told him the “rules” long ago. But if the wheels are turning he’s on it like white on rice. What a life !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline immigrant

« Reply #781 on: November 16, 2018, 04:41:07 am »
Got my “tags” on the way home tonight and have the next 7 days off. Here’s hoping the big one will cross my path !

« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:44:06 am by immigrant »

Offline Oubones

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #782 on: November 16, 2018, 05:21:38 am »
Nice, happy hunting!
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Ri

• Stray DR Collector
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 Admirer
« Reply #783 on: November 17, 2018, 02:44:00 pm »
"Big one"? A poacher?  :peepwall: :imaposer:
Tales of the Purple Turtles: Ride Reports
PROJECT SAS WILDEHOND III Contributions: R Snyman Capitec Savings Account 1545860511 Balance (2017/12/07): R3,190.23 - R1,600 for steel purchase

Offline immigrant

« Reply #784 on: November 17, 2018, 05:56:25 pm »
Poachers....don't get me started. There is a "no trespassing" law in my province, except, it doesn't count during hunting season  :patch:
If you have a hunting licence on, you can jump over my fence/ drive through my gate and legally "hunt" on my property, even if we have never met each other. So having a hunting license waves the "no trespassing law". BUT, if I put a sign up on my gate and on all 4 corners of my property that says "No hunting/No trespassing" then you cannot enter regardless if you have a hunting license.
So what the guys do is they drive down the road, see a big buck on your property, shoot it, and then go and remove all the signs that you have put up, and then enter your property "legally" to retrieve it. What also happens a lot of the time is they will shoot a buck, and then realize it is "smaller" that they thought, and simply leave it there and go look for another one. I counted seven dead deer one year.... and they shot one of my cows  >:(
Fortunately there will be a new "no trespassing" law next year that prohibits anyone from entering or crossing property that does not belong to them, period. 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 05:59:22 pm by immigrant »

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #785 on: November 17, 2018, 05:57:59 pm »
Poachers....don't get me started. There is a "no trespassing" law in my province, except, it doesn't count during hunting season  :patch:
If you have a hunting licence on, you can jump over my fence/ drive through my gate and legally "hunt" on my property, even if we have never met each other. So having a hunting license waves the "no trespassing law". BUT, if I put a sign up on my gate and on all 4 corners of my property that says "No hunting/No trespassing" then you cannot enter regardless if you have a hunting license.
So what the guys do is they drive down the road, see a big buck on your property, shoot it, and then go and remove all the signs that you have put up, and then enter your property "legally" to retrieve it. What also happens a lot of the time is they will shoot a buck, and then realize it is "smaller" that they thought, and simply leave it there and go look for another one. I counted seven dead deer one year.... and they shot one of my cows  >:(
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Oubones

« Reply #786 on: November 17, 2018, 10:36:26 pm »
Fortunately there will be a new "no trespassing" law next year that prohibits anyone from entering or crossing property that does not belong to them, period.
That makes me see red, you shoot it, you eat it! Finished!
If you are not sure of what is in your sights or do not have a good shot, leave it.
Shooting the wrong thing is just plain stupid, just as bad as somebody taking booze on a hunt!
Maybe you should hunt the hunters first!
Dakar 650
SR 500

Offline Christian Kuun

• Wynkop Kuun- Onder die Wyntenk in Stellies
    • My Web Album
« Reply #787 on: November 18, 2018, 07:39:44 am »
Will cost you a fortune putting up trail cams near each corner post to see who takes down your No Hunting signs…
Mampoer could solve all Africa's problems....

https://picasaweb.google.com/home

Offline immigrant

« Reply #788 on: November 22, 2018, 11:07:06 pm »
Will cost you a fortune putting up trail cams near each corner post to see who takes down your No Hunting signs…
Yes. And then risk them stealing the cameras.....

Finally had time to give the “sled” a good service. Now she’s good for another season !

« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 11:16:03 pm by immigrant »

Offline grizz

• ROCHERSTER, KENT
« Reply #789 on: November 23, 2018, 12:44:10 am »
Yes. And then risk them stealing the cameras.....

Finally had time to give the “sled” a good service. Now she’s good for another season !

What sort of motors and power do these things run, at the risk of asking a question previously asked.
NEVER EVER UNDERESTIMATE THE STUPIDITY OF OTHERS....

I LIVE IN ROCHESTER, KENT, UK.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #790 on: November 23, 2018, 02:10:38 am »
This one is a FI, 3 cylinder, 1050cc, 4 stroke @ 138hp. You can buy a turbo for it as well that will give you up to 240hp. They used to be all 2 stroke, then more and more companies started developing 4 strokes. Very reliable, but at a huge weight disadvantage. Yamaha chose to only produce 4 stroke and it had cost them a lot of market share. The more popular sleds are in the 800cc 2sroke class. Perfect power to weight ratio. The new 2 strokes get around 150hp - 170hp
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:30:16 am by immigrant »

Online Andre E

• McDonalds Accommodation, Queenstown
« Reply #791 on: November 26, 2018, 11:42:26 am »
Immigrant, as jy dalk weet, word Suid Afrikaanse tegniese kwalifikasies aanvaar in Kanada bv. Diesel Mech ens?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Don't be kak, be lekker.
What is this life, if full of care,
we have no time to stand and stare.

Offline chillin_in_bots

« Reply #792 on: November 26, 2018, 07:08:43 pm »
Immigrant, as jy dalk weet, word Suid Afrikaanse tegniese kwalifikasies aanvaar in Kanada bv. Diesel Mech ens?

Part of the immigration process is to get all qualifications verified by World Education Services (WES.org ). They even recognise the SA matric. Need to submit transcripts etc. It's a paid service.
Some of the trades need to be verified by the Canadian equivalent and sometimes redo the Red Seal in Canada.
Lots of the trades are in demand currently.

Online Andre E

« Reply #793 on: November 26, 2018, 08:02:02 pm »

Part of the immigration process is to get all qualifications verified by World Education Services (WES.org ). They even recognise the SA matric. Need to submit transcripts etc. It's a paid service.
Some of the trades need to be verified by the Canadian equivalent and sometimes redo the Red Seal in Canada.
Lots of the trades are in demand currently.
Thank you.

Don't be kak, be lekker.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #794 on: November 27, 2018, 11:33:49 am »
Correct what chillin_in_bots said. Some guys will let you work while you finish your Canadian qualifications. Most saffers in town that I know had to challenge some kind of exam (2 electricians and 2 millwrights) HD mechanics can make anything from $39 -$50 per hour. I think our guys make around $43 with shift premiums etc.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #795 on: November 28, 2018, 05:04:51 am »
I see Pravin and I are at the same bank. Can you guys let him know that I am “open for business” and for a small handling fee I could take care of his investments.    ;)
Transfers within the same bank are free.....
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 05:06:06 am by immigrant »

The following users thanked this post: Fargo

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #796 on: November 28, 2018, 06:25:52 am »
 :imaposer:
Eat life!

Online Andre E

« Reply #797 on: November 28, 2018, 08:32:51 am »
My sons are contemplating Canada. Do you know if apprenticeship positions (mechanical) for youngsters are in abundance?

Don't be kak, be lekker.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #798 on: November 28, 2018, 04:50:37 pm »
My sons are contemplating Canada. Do you know if apprenticeship positions (mechanical) for youngsters are in abundance?

The following advice is to the best of my knowledge. It is not necessarily correct or accurate as things change daily.
The oil industry used to be your best bet, but in the last few years they have slowed down a lot. An industry that is really growing is agricultural. They are always looking for Heavy Duty and Diesel Mechanics. Then there is also the forestry sector. Typically located in small towns. I am not sure how your sons would “connect” with employers. I know we offer apprenticeship positions “in house” first, and very seldom do we have to look outside of the company. Employers typically post their positions at the colleges that  provide the theoretical training. All apprentices also have to be registered with the apprenticeship board of the relevant province. Employers also let them know about opportunities.
It takes about 4 years from start to finish. You have to accumulate hours, and also attend “school” for theory. I think that is twice a year for a month at a time. You can just challange the exam and if you don’t want to attend “school”, but still have to have enough hours to proceed to the next year

https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/contact-us/?QUERY=1
http://saskapprenticeship.ca

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:57:12 pm by immigrant »

Online Andre E

« Reply #799 on: November 28, 2018, 04:54:43 pm »

The following advice is to the best of my knowledge. It is not necessarily correct or accurate as things change daily.
The oil industry used to be your best bet, but in the last few years they have slowed down a lot. An industry that is really growing is agricultural. They are always looking for Heavy Duty and Diesel Mechanics. Then there is also the forestry sector. Typically located in small towns. I am not sure how your sons would “connect” with employers. I know we offer apprenticeship positions “in house” first, and very seldom do we have to look outside of the company. Employers typically post their positions at the colleges that  provide the theoretical training. All apprentices also have to be registered with the apprenticeship board of the relevant province. Employers also let them know about opportunities.
It takes about 4 years from start to finish. You have to accumulate hours, and also attend “school” for theory. I think that is twice a year for a month at a time. You can just challange the exam and if you want and not attend “school”, but still have to have enough hours to proceed to the next year

https://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/contact-us/?QUERY=1
http://saskapprenticeship.ca
Most helpful, thank you.

Don't be kak, be lekker.