Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Meanwhile in Canada  (Read 75738 times)

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #960 on: February 15, 2019, 12:05:36 pm »
For 4 days that week we were the coldest place on earth according to http://www.wx-now.com/Weather/WxExtremes

En jou beeste was nog steeds OK buite? :o
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Online immigrant

« Reply #961 on: February 15, 2019, 08:07:52 pm »
For 4 days that week we were the coldest place on earth according to http://www.wx-now.com/Weather/WxExtremes

En jou beeste was nog steeds OK buite? :o
hulle is ok. Eet net moer baie
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 11:42:24 pm by immigrant »
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha R1, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Online immigrant

« Reply #962 on: February 19, 2019, 05:24:57 am »
The sun is melting the ice on the roads, causing salt spray all over our vehicles. Not a good colour choice.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha R1, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #963 on: February 19, 2019, 07:10:50 am »
 :eek7:
Eat life!

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #964 on: February 20, 2019, 04:10:21 am »
The sun is melting the ice on the roads, causing salt spray all over our vehicles. Not a good colour choice.....

What is the average life expectancy for a vehicle exposed to salt like that?  :eek7:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Online immigrant

« Reply #965 on: February 20, 2019, 04:56:53 am »
Depends on the make and model. After about 5 years you can see rust blistering the paint around the fenders and the tailgate. Dodge seems to show rust the quickest  :peepwall: and then also the “imports” like Toyota and Nissan

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #966 on: February 20, 2019, 09:35:53 am »
Depends on the make and model. After about 5 years you can see rust blistering the paint around the fenders and the tailgate. Dodge seems to show rust the quickest  :peepwall: and then also the “imports” like Toyota and Nissan
Are vehicles scrapped by the cops if it has too much rust?
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline GRIM

« Reply #967 on: February 20, 2019, 01:24:54 pm »
What latitude are you at?

I'm on site in Lapland again and sitting at -18 at the moment - 68N, luckily I missed the fieldwork last week in the -30's
I do have outdoor emergency training on Friday, so I hope it has warmed up a bit by then.

Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Online immigrant

« Reply #968 on: February 20, 2019, 10:02:32 pm »
Are vehicles scrapped by the cops if it has too much rust?
I don’t know. Haven’t heard of it happening yet. I imagine they will. Haven’t seen a completely rusted out vehicle on the road yet, so I assume the do?

What latitude are you at?

I'm on site in Lapland again and sitting at -18 at the moment - 68N, luckily I missed the fieldwork last week in the -30's
I do have outdoor emergency training on Friday, so I hope it has warmed up a bit by then.

I am 54 North.....Lapland.....emergency training..... what are you doing up there? Sounds exciting
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 10:05:52 pm by immigrant »

Offline GRIM

« Reply #969 on: February 21, 2019, 11:03:56 am »

I am 54 North.....Lapland.....emergency training..... what are you doing up there? Sounds exciting

Nope, we have an exploration project here and it is drillrig health and safety, so it could be either exciting or a waste of time...
So much for good weather though, -25 this morning and dropping. Our publicity photo crew is battling today because it is too cold for their camera and drone batteries  ::)
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Online immigrant

« Reply #970 on: February 22, 2019, 03:14:48 am »

So much for good weather though, -25 this morning and dropping. Our publicity photo crew is battling today because it is too cold for their camera and drone batteries  ::)

Welcome to my life....

You know it’s been a long cold winter when your boy dresses up in his ATGATT and run around the house pretending he’s riding his dirt bike

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 03:21:42 am by immigrant »

Offline FrankyB

« Reply #971 on: February 22, 2019, 06:44:04 am »
Withdrawal symptoms at such a young age. You’re doing something right .

Stupid question: does one get something like a kid-size snowmobile?

Online immigrant

Meanwhile in Canada
« Reply #972 on: February 22, 2019, 07:08:31 am »
Withdrawal symptoms at such a young age. You’re doing something right .

Stupid question: does one get something like a kid-size snowmobile?

Yes, there are some available. All in the 120cc class mostly, some 200cc. Arctic Cat and Polaris also sell them. They all look the same and have the same enige, just different stickers

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 07:09:39 am by immigrant »

Online immigrant

« Reply #973 on: March 05, 2019, 04:51:01 am »
A friend of mine got some puppies to protect his sheep from coyotes and wolves.  Boerboel and Anatolian Shepherd cross. They are huge!!

Offline TeeJay

« Reply #974 on: March 05, 2019, 09:42:40 am »
Beautiful  :thumleft:

I know about the Anatolian mountain dogs - they protect sheep from animal attacks.
Eat life!

Offline silvrav

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #975 on: March 05, 2019, 08:50:46 pm »
 :eek7:

Do you see this in Canada Immigrant?

This is rough....graphical content warning

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 08:52:19 pm by silvrav »

Offline TheAnt

« Reply #976 on: March 05, 2019, 09:41:00 pm »
We had a 70 car pile-up on one of the highways here... Fun in the snow! Can not imagine what you must feel like sitting on one of those cars while trucks and all sorts come plowing in to you at speed.

Highway 400 is terrifying! Hate every second I drive on it.

https://www.narcity.com/ca/on/toronto/news/70-vehicle-pileup-causes-massive-shutdown-of-ontarios-highway-400

Online Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #977 on: March 06, 2019, 11:52:35 am »
What stuns me is that none of the vehicles have their hazard warning flashers on...?
LIFE'S MUCH COOLER WITHOUT UNDERWEAR,
Life-long supporter of the "Free the Nipple" movement
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I'm far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline TheAnt

« Reply #978 on: March 06, 2019, 03:14:11 pm »
What stuns me is that none of the vehicles have their hazard warning flashers on...?

It is just another day in Canada. Problem is that people still try drive as normal.

Online immigrant

« Reply #979 on: March 07, 2019, 03:32:03 am »

It is just another day in Canada. Problem is that people still try drive as normal.
Exactly. For some reason they keep the same schedule and leave for work at the same time they always do. Then the roads and weather is bad, but they don't want to be late for work and maintain "normal" speed. On my way to work the other morning I found a 3 car pile up. Guy no.1 skidded in to the ditch. Guy no.2 behind him stops next to the road to see if guy no.1 is OK. Guy no.3 behind no. 2 is not seeing so well through the blowing snow, and drives  straight in to the back of no.2, pushing his truck off the road and ramming guy no.1  :eek7:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:44:14 pm by immigrant »