Has anyone else fitted the "side stand switch protector" from "Go Gravel " ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
As per heading , have any of you fitted the R1200GSA side stand switch protector made by Go Gravel ?
I bought one of these ( from Flying Brick) & fitted it, at first i was rather stumped as there are NO fitting instructions, so i used my pal Google , who gave me a step by step guide & a quick video.
My point is that i must be doing, or have done something incorrectly as when you use the side stand it actually loosens the socket head cap screw ( supplied in the kit), this eventually makes the side stand switch so loose that the cover falls off , or (as in my case) damages the side stand switch, the very thing that it is supposed to protect.
So i ask the boffins out there, is this a kak design or is it me that has made the mistake ? I would think that instead of the spacer supplied in the kit , it should actually have a bearing, so that when you tighten the switch down the operation of the side stand cannot / doesn't loosen the socket head cap screw.
WTF ?????????
See the pics below for more info, i was rather pissed off as i had to pay R700 bucks for a new side stand switch & do not want a repeat occurrence ,,,,,,,,,,, has anybody on this forum perhaps done it differently ?
All advise will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• IMG_1252.jpg
    IMG_1252.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 289