To Koës or not to Koës

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody1

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Since I missed the EC Bash I had to get my yearly winter ride in.
Since the Koës Rally is in July in school holidays I told mammie that this time it is the father and son thing.
So plans were made to go to Koës for a boys trip. I inherited another son called Frank ...yes the Bakpan hooligan that wrote my beloved Sneeuwitjie off and now rides a KTM.
Me and the Pensioneater (Pierre 16 years old) will be in and on the sidecar.
My eldest son Sweisie (Francois 28) will be on his slow blue Super Tenere and my new son Frank on his 950 SE KTM.

Frank will be writing some exams after the rally so we decided to make our trip a week earlier to do some sightseeing.

Plan was to leave on Saturday 1 July direction Vryburg and spend a night with my brother-in-law on the farm.
Then try and hit Verneukpan on the Sunday.
Next stop was to be Hondeklip bay.
Then to see my daughter in Springbok.
Cross the border to Namibia and sleep in Luderits before working our way to Koës.
After the weekend return to South Africa getting to Kuruman the Sunday and then Monday back home.

Sidecar was completed and 2 x 5liter petrol and 1 x 5 liter water cans attached
New car tyre on the back wheel thread was measured and off we went to Alberton to pick up my son Sweisie..
We were in no hurry and stopped in Potch for a snack.
The sidecar turned out be be a bit thirsty and just before Wolmerans stad I ran out of petrol......
Empty petrol cans did not help as I planned to fill them only before Verneukpan to save some weight.
But we had the can, the pipe and the Blue Super Tenere that could donate some fuel to get to town.
In Sweizer Reineke we were looking for Magriet but could not find her. :imaposer:
So we settled for a shebeen beer, and home made sandwiches
Enjoyed a nice braai on the farm with the family.
Later the evening we noticed Frank was missing.
Found him on his bed fully clothed sleeping like a baby.
Eish, now I will have to take him back again to go and apologise. . :laughing4:

We do not carry action cameras, drones or fancy cameras. I also stop only when needed therefor this will not be one of those R/Reports with lots of fancy pictures and info.
This is just a father enjoying the company of his sons.

Attachments

• 002 8.5mm thread.jpg
    002 8.5mm thread.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 667
  • 001 Petrol en water.jpg
    001 Petrol en water.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 660
  • 007 Wolhuterskop anderkan Amalia.jpg
    007 Wolhuterskop anderkan Amalia.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 673
  • 006 Sweizer eet ietsie.jpg
    006 Sweizer eet ietsie.jpg