Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Why would you not buy a Triumph XCX 800 ?  (Read 4418 times)

Offline Oilspill

Re: Why would you not buy a Triumph XCX 800 ?
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2017, 12:28:27 pm »
Lol, maybe,  but If you buy a BWM you gonna eat your own face... FACE PLANT style.  BMW is outdated and outclassed.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I love this guy!  He worries more about my BMW than I do!  Thoughtful soul, he is.   :imaposer:
Hey I did not start the insults. It was the usual insecure guys having a go at Triumph.

Insults!  What are you talking about?

I am just referring to your inability to use your keyboard without using the letter B, M and W.  No worries.  We understand.   8)
Oh you ean I should rite "astard, anker,   orons" like this? Ok no prole.

Offline TheBear

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2017, 12:28:56 pm »
Lol, maybe,  but If you buy a BWM you gonna eat your own face... FACE PLANT style.  BMW is outdated and outclassed.

I love this guy!  He worries more about my BMW than I do!  Thoughtful soul, he is.   :imaposer:
Hey I did not start the insults. It was the usual insecure guys having a go at Triumph.

Insults!  What are you talking about?

I am just referring to your inability to use your keyboard without using the letter B, M and W.  No worries.  We understand.   8)
Oh you ean I should rite "astard, anker,   orons" like this? Ok no prole.

:laughing4: :laughing4: :laughing4:
#33 #BRADICAL!
#40 #DIVEBOMB!

Offline m0lt3n

• Ervare noob
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2017, 01:43:01 pm »
Well interestingly the spy shots of the new BMW see it changing drastically to copy the Triumph setup. I rode with an AT this weekend, no-one gave it a second glance, the new KTM 1290 caused a big stir, and big balls to tame it probably. If I had to pick, for what I use the bike for, weekend fun on the gravel and in the twisties, I would not swop out my XCX .  My next bike..maybe the new MT 700 XT for something different.

first time I hear a BMW copied a Triumph...
Guess we will see
Dooie visse gaan saam met die stroom...

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2017, 04:24:38 pm »
Well interestingly the spy shots of the new BMW see it changing drastically to copy the Triumph setup. I rode with an AT this weekend, no-one gave it a second glance, the new KTM 1290 caused a big stir, and big balls to tame it probably. If I had to pick, for what I use the bike for, weekend fun on the gravel and in the twisties, I would not swop out my XCX .  My next bike..maybe the new MT 700 XT for something different.

Guess we will see

Yeah, if they have a disclaimer that it isn't an offroad bike, gives issues when you ride in a little dust, has welded to the frame footpegs, high center of gravity, no low down torque,  so you have to be on the clutch a lot, have a very long sequence to disable abs and traction control and have almost no resale value, we will know that they copied the Triumph.
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline Oilspill

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2017, 05:23:54 pm »

Guess we will see

Yeah, if they have a disclaimer that it isn't an offroad bike, gives issues when you ride in a little dust, has welded to the frame footpegs, high center of gravity, no low down torque,  so you have to be on the clutch a lot, have a very long sequence to disable abs and traction control and have almost no resale value, we will know that they copied the Triumph.
Lol, you sound like a jealous child and just like Trump  make stuff up. "Alternative facts" do not make it true. Load of bollocks.

Online Saddle Up

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2017, 05:27:37 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. Pity that the Triumph is such a good looking but suffers some issues. I am in the process of spying a F800. Even though they are getting long in the tooth and also have some short comings. I reckon there are enough around to not be outdated once the 900 comes around. First price would be a Africa Twin or the XTZ 700, but I'm not willing to in debt myself for toys.
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline Oilspill

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2017, 05:38:59 pm »
Thanks for the input guys. Pity that the Triumph is such a good looking but suffers some issues. I am in the process of spying a F800. Even though they are getting long in the tooth and also have some short comings. I reckon there are enough around to not be outdated once the 900 comes around. First price would be a Africa Twin or the XTZ 700, but I'm not willing to in debt myself for toys.
Oh boy..the Triumph does not have "issues", show me any recall, or known "issues" on the XCX. The F800 is a dog with many fleas. You will be sorry, rather buy an XT660 if you are are convinced the Triumph has "issues"

Offline XRRX

« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 06:10:00 pm »
 :spitcoffee: :spitcoffee:
Just to p%ss of more people - I'll buy a 800GSA any day of the week again - but NOT a 800XC/XCX or even a standard 800GS!  :pot:

Online Renrew

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »
Just to p%ss of more people - I'll buy a 800GSA any day of the week again - but NOT a 800XC/XCX or even a standard 800GS!  :pot:

Might need to get some new delivery bikes - Will go get some quotes for xcx and f800 :lamer:
Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 950R Super Enduro_0km ;)
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline XRRX

« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 07:18:04 pm »

Might need to get some new delivery bikes - Will go get some quotes for xcx and f800 :lamer:

Very good - everybody needs something reliable...  :lamer:

Online Saddle Up

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2017, 08:53:35 pm »
Oh boy..the Triumph does not have "issues", show me any recall, or known "issues" on the XCX. The F800 is a dog with many fleas. You will be sorry, rather buy an XT660 if you are are convinced the Triumph has "issues"

I dont believe that the issues I have with the Triumph makes it a bad or inferior bike, however low torque and what to me is odd geometry to reach the handles are things that will interfere with my type of riding. I'm one to hit the sand in Moz type of  riding etc. Not a riding god , but able to ride various terrain, except rocks, fuckin hate rocky terrain, buggers up mental balance.
Anyways, I was told by Triumph that they have had bikes that needed clutches replaced due to what they believe to be rider error and that could well be, but it also leads me to believe that revving the bike to be able to handle some situations just might be the reason behind failing clutches;
n Skaap is nie n scrambler

Offline Oilspill

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2017, 09:09:12 pm »

I dont believe that the issues I have with the Triumph makes it a bad or inferior bike, however low torque and what to me is odd geometry to reach the handles are things that will interfere with my type of riding. I'm one to hit the sand in Moz type of  riding etc. Not a riding god , but able to ride various terrain, except rocks, fuckin hate rocky terrain, buggers up mental balance.
Anyways, I was told by Triumph that they have had bikes that needed clutches replaced due to what they believe to be rider error and that could well be, but it also leads me to believe that revving the bike to be able to handle some situations just might be the reason behind failing clutches;
The Triumph does need one to adjust riding style. it is very different to the twin I had before, but once you have its very capable, loads of fun and has saved my arse a few times by powering out of mud or sand.  Power is always there when you need it . If one is going to try to paddle slowly through sand using the clutch then no the Triumph is not the bike to use.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2017, 12:06:10 am »

There are much better DS bikes than the 800s. However disregarding them completely show bias and dismisses what others want out of a bike. For people who tour and stop to smell the roses they are still great options. I'm not one of them but I do get it
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline Buddy

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2017, 07:43:15 am »

Swing with the right and punch with the left. Buy a Husky 701, it's far more comfortable off-road. Otherwise buy an Indian Chief if you only want to cruise on tar.
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline Lou1

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2017, 08:53:34 am »

That's the thing with Triumph, they don't recall.

You as owner are blamed for R&D department dropping the ball.  :dousing:

R160 000 for a bike that will prob not see much more that 70 000km!  :patch:

Rather go Japanese  :thumleft:

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2017, 08:57:40 am »
As a side note, I saw dealers doing new stock 1190 Adv for 160k
Previous: KTM 690R, 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Online ianb

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • Husqvarna 701. KTM 790R
    • BLOMEYERS
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2017, 09:18:50 am »
No separate  rear sub frame .

Offline the_BOBNOB

• is not a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2017, 09:22:45 am »
As a side note, I saw dealers doing new stock 1190 Adv for 160k

The 1190s being offered is the standard 1190 Adventure not the 1190 Adventure R so it has the smaller wheels etc etc etc

I had a look and if it was the R I would have been very keen.

Online Renrew

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
  • livethe1percentlife
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2017, 09:33:12 am »

You can buy a very capable bike and stop and take pics of everything AND have the option of ripping it.
There are much better DS bikes than the 800s. However disregarding them completely show bias and dismisses what others want out of a bike. For people who tour and stop to smell the roses they are still great options. I'm not one of them but I do get it

My comment was just a joke and partly agree with what you said.

-- But why can't people buy a bike like the ones mentioned AND stop and smell the roses? It need not be mutually exclusive. We're not talking about a situation where it's half the price, that I can understand. We're talking about basically the same amount of money.

In fact, probably near to 60% of 1190's are used for commuting... And when they want to they can leave a F800/xcx behind on the tar and dirt.

Is an F800 a good all-round bike, yes. Is and 1190R/1090R/AT a good all-round bike, yes. Can the f800 come remotely close to competing with it on road or dirt, no.

Come down to how informed people are and perception at the end of the day.
Kraftfahrzeuge Trunkenpolz Mattighofen
KTM 1190R
KTM 990R
KTM 950R Super Enduro_0km ;)
KTM 300 XC-W

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:02 am »
Well interestingly the spy shots of the new BMW see it changing drastically to copy the Triumph setup. I rode with an AT this weekend, no-one gave it a second glance, the new KTM 1290 caused a big stir, and big balls to tame it probably. If I had to pick, for what I use the bike for, weekend fun on the gravel and in the twisties, I would not swop out my XCX . My next bike..maybe the new MT 700 XT for something different.

Guess we will see

Lol, you sound like a jealous child and just like Trump  make stuff up. "Alternative facts" do not make it true. Load of bollocks.

HAHA! Now it's personal insults. Damn OilSpil, didn't think I hit a nerve with that old chestnut especially since these types of rhetoric should sound extremely familiar to the likes of you and 2SD etc. I thought that was par for the course here.  :sip:

Recalls don't make something inferior btw...it means stuff gets sorted out. Unlike stepper motors that get a little dust on them causing the bike to not idle etc.....oh but Triumph has a disclaimer that says no offroad.  Triumph stated that...not me  :deal:   
At this moment the Honda AT and KTM1090, or even left over 1190's is by far the better deal and far superior to the Triump off road... I'd bet the KTM's would even be better on the road too, although I did enjoy the Triumph on the road. and I have not ridden the 1090.

Anyway, you seem to be taking this very personally since you do ride the bike and spent you hard earned money on it I suppose....... you must have stocks in Triumph and you are going to ride that brand forever. I will refrain from doing another stir... seems one needs a special little signature and can only do it to the thick skinned BMW riders around these parts without others getting their knickers in a knot.

Enjoy your bike  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:41:29 am by Omninorm »
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.