Why would you not buy a Triumph XCX 800 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
Ok. So following Gerrards successful manner in approaching a what bike problem, I figured I'll follow the same route.

Took XCX  for a little ride this morning, albeit tar only. Have to say that these bikes have always had my attention, reason being, looks,  build quality and motor performance. I was blown away by the power of this machine, but I just had this nagging feeling that the bike feels road orientated. Would have been great to ride some gravel to give me more of a feel for the scoot. I measure in at 1,8 and it felt as if I was in a crouching position all the time. Perhaps bar raisers would sort that, but the bars positioned at a lean angle towards the rider just looks odd.

Currently Triumph has a sweet deal on these bikes and one would almost be stupid to grab one. Still........ Perhaps a older F800 and a Dr650 in the garage is a better bet. Then I have a long distance bike in the F800 that can carry myself, son on pillion and luggage with ease. And jump on the the Dr for thumping pleasure which is close to my heart. I have to confess that the BMW does nothing for my heart rate and I have also never ridden one. That does not negate the fact that they are able and reliable.

So let me hear from the guys with experience on both the Triumph and BMW 800's