Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Husky 610 spares  (Read 3362 times)

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
Re: Husky 610 spares
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2019, 07:58:07 pm »

Have you tried having the wheels balanced?

I know it's not common to have this done on dirtbikes, but it made a massive difference on my 450 that had the same issue. Especially at higher speeds on tar, as those tires are not made for high speed tar...
Part of the plan to try and identify problem.

How tight should the headset on the fork/triple clamp be.  I noticed that mine has no lateral movement in the bearing, but is pretty loose when turned.  I tightened it up only an 1/8th of a turn and then it was looseish but then it was sitting in a ridge of sorts - ie: like there was a groove of sorts that held it in the straight line position and was difficult to turn out of.  Possibly need to replace these bearings?   

Have you inspected them when you went over the bike? Was the race ridged - normally the bottom is worse than the top as it takes more of a beating and gets more water ingress. I remember fitting a large O-Ring at the bottom to seal dust etc out better.
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline chopperpilot

• Afrikaans...Dis my taal! Engels...Dit verstaan ek ook!
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • "Jack of all Trades... Master of Some."
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2019, 08:13:55 pm »
The head stock bearings on the 610 TE, especially the bottom bearing, is extremely susceptible to water ingress and eminent rust. :(

This is due to water entering through the steering stem, if the top of the stem is not sealed/plugged. :o

My 610 TE had an extremely rusted bottom bearing, but it did not result in any handling issues though. :o

The slot in the steering stem, is for the steering lock. I closed it with duct tape, and sealed the centre hole at the top of the stearing stem with a rubber grommet and silicon sealer. :thumleft:

New bearings were fitted. BMG stock the OEM Timken bearings. Just short of R400. :biggrin:
Current Bikes : KTM 990 R, KTM 500 XCW

End of an Era : Suzuki DR 650 SE, Husqvarna 610 TE

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2019, 09:56:05 pm »
Yes I remember now that steering lock slot - also closed mine, and as I say fitted a large o-ring to help seal the bottom gap.  :thumleft:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2E  Husky 701E  BMW R100S

:ricky:

Offline saklx650c

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • the wheels turn - nobody home
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2019, 11:28:49 am »
The mechanic oke that did the bike said all was good so took his word for it.  I will try the other couple of tricks you guys have suggested particularly the steering lock one.   
kl X not R - sold
Husqvarna te610

Offline chopperpilot

• Forum Whore
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2019, 11:50:55 am »
The mechanic oke that did the bike said all was good so took his word for it.  I will try the other couple of tricks you guys have suggested particularly the steering lock one.
A bit of work, but not difficult to remove the wheel, drop the forks, and drop the stem to check the bearings. ;)

The bottom bearing was badly rusted, did not affect the handling, but I could feel a notch. :o

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2019, 01:11:11 pm »
A bit of work, but not difficult to remove the wheel, drop the forks, and drop the stem to check the bearings. ;)

The bottom bearing was badly rusted, did not affect the handling, but I could feel a notch. :o

I steered with the rear, and did not turn the steering so would not have noticed a notch  :imaposer:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline chopperpilot

• Forum Whore
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2019, 01:19:19 pm »

I steered with the rear, and did not turn the steering so would not have noticed a notch  :imaposer:
Me too! :biggrin:

Nothing wrong when bought. ;)

It received regular TLC, including Prepsol washes. Sure that ran down the stem and into the steering lock slot. :'(

BTW. The 610 is back in CT. Sold to Lars. Had incredible rides on it. Had an itch...got a 500...from CT. :o

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2019, 02:38:40 pm »

Nothing wrong when bought. ;)

It received regular TLC, including Prepsol washes. Sure that ran down the stem and into the steering lock slot. :'(

BTW. The 610 is back in CT. Sold to Lars. Had incredible rides on it. Had an itch...got a 500...from CT. :o

Lars gave me a call the other day, we had a nice chat. The 610 has been around, I bought it for a guy in Pretoria, so this is the second time it's come to CT.
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline chopperpilot

• Forum Whore
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2019, 03:02:48 pm »

Nothing wrong when bought. ;) :

Lars gave me a call the other day, we had a nice chat. The 610 has been around, I bought it for a guy in Pretoria, so this is the second time it's come to CT.
:thumleft: :thumleft:

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2019, 08:31:01 am »
Trying to remember if this was my old bike but shees I'm not sure  :P

This was my ad

Pipe heat shield and bash plate looks the same

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=145805.0
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:39:10 am by sidetrack »
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline saklx650c

« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2019, 10:42:05 am »

This was my ad

Yip it was the one you sold.  Great bike just need to sort out steering issue and it will be good for another 30k km.    :thumleft:
kl X not R - sold
Husqvarna te610

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2019, 03:10:57 pm »

This was my ad

Yip it was the one you sold.  Great bike just need to sort out steering issue and it will be good for another 30k km.    :thumleft:
I think the bike completed a Amageza as well
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline saklx650c

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2019, 03:52:20 pm »

This was my ad

I think the bike completed a Amageza as well

Yip that was I riding it in 2014. How i wish I could do something like that again.
kl X not R - sold
Husqvarna te610