Husky 610 spares

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saklx650c

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi, I (with a local bike mechanic in town) was intending on doing a small bike rebuild ie:most bearings and seals external to the motor.  The problem is getting these spares.  First I went to KTM here in town and they suggest i must bring all the parts in that i want replaced ie: strip the bike down first.  Then they will be able to order - eish.  I then tried the local husky agent and after a day or two they came back to me and said that they are having endless shit with the SA suppliers and that they are not going to be ordering anything from them.  Sounds a bit strange considering that they sell and I presume service newer huskys. 
Prior to considering doing the semi rebuild i did discuss the leaking fork seals with Superfoxi and was going to send forks and rear shock to him and then I had a brain wave - stupid me. 
I see that Bikerwarehouse carry spares for the 610 and have a parts catalogue that i assume i need to take part numbers off and then submit request.  Problem is I don't know exactly what needs to be replaced when say doing the rebuild - there appear to be a bunch of seals and bushes etc that go with the bearings. 

Q&A; what do i do, get the mechanic to strip down and then order parts was we go or what.  Anyone else having problems with spares.
PS: I am aware of allballs and pivotworks but i have been advised not to use them and rather use Japanese bits.

Hopefully you, my learned WD buddies can enlightment me to the right path.
Cheers