Is the 2017 GS 1200 LC Trophy Edition front suspension or fork adjustable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baffler LC

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
When I bought my new Trophy Edition I was so excited, that when I was told it did not have ESA I was not too phased.  In fact it was quite attractive as IMHO less electronic buttons / motors / and thingys to go wrong.  In any case after a few rides and reading the manual I have always managed to find good settings.

Having read the manual and had a few rides I have achieved a very good suspension setting for the rear, good compromise for tar and gravel so I will only have to readjust for any heavier off roading.  The bike really handles very well on tar and gravel.

Now for the front, I cannot find any adjustment anywhere.  I have searched this forum but not been able to fine anything either.  I find the front a little bit too hard for my liking on tar.  Changes in surface, storm water drain covers and generally bad SA roads can cause quite bad jarring.  Off road its not too bad, obviously because of lower speeds, I prefer to cruise on gravel and am not that fast nor want to be.  However, on rocky gravel roads there is a lot of jarring and shaking.

Any help or tips will be most gratefully accepted.  I have heard of progressive shocks but have no idea how these work or if they will help.  Can one change out the front shock for a softer version?  But the on road handling might be negatively affected.

I am 125 kgs and enjoy 140kmh to 150kmh tar road cruising, enjoy doing the twisties and on gravel I enjoy 50 to 80kmh depending on conditions.

On road tyre pressures I run 2.3 front and 2.7 rear, off road 1.9 front and 2.2 rear.

Thanks very much