Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 Tyres & Vibrating Front End

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorge

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Good Day To All,

I recently fitted Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2 Tyres to my 2015 1200GS LC,  after fitting the tyres I now have a bad head shake shake from 120Km/h all the way up and have noticed loose spokes on my front rim now and my rimm is not running true & straight,  I never had this issue with the Anakee 3's.

I think it is a fault with that specific tyre (factory fault) because why now after replacing this issue is apparent,  I took my bike in to Bavarian in Centurion they told me tyre pressure's were not correct,  picked up the bike took it home (10km's) head shake is even worse did not go over 140km/h to dam scared took it back yesterday now they say the rim is buckled after saying all sorted when I took my bike in earlier in the week.

Has anybody had the same experience before ?  The tyres were bought and fitted at Just Bike Tyre in Centurion,  maybe it is best to get Pirelli to have a look at the tyres ?

Regards
Jorge