New Rockfox workshop space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Adendorff

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi All,

Again we are doing some strange work.

Some of the guys down here in cape Town might be familiar with the Woodstock Motor Co. (Formerly the Woodstock Mancave). It is a rent able storage and work space where you rent a stand for to work on your motorcycle complete with tools and all. If you haven't been there go pop in and have a coffee.

So after years of wanting to build a bigger workshop for Rockfox we thought of doing the same as the WMC out here in the northern suburbs. I spoke to Devan, the owner of WMC and he was thrilled that we would be doing it, Devan and i share a common goal, to get more people riding motorcycles, talking about motorcycles and working on motorcycles.

A lot of people these days don't have either the space or the tools or both to works on their bikes. This is where we want to help, the new workshop will feature secure storage space for your motorcycles along with a few dedicated work benches and a plethora of tools to use when either fixing your bike or building that dream machine you have always wanted.

We want the shop to be up and running in under 2 months so it is again some hard grafting ahead but we think it will be a unique spot. The area will have 3 to 4 workbenches (maybe more) a fully stocked coffee machine and a fridge where you can either buy a cold one or store your own brand. Also some couches, and an outside braai area where you and your friends can hang around while doing what you love, working on the machines we enjoy.

The idea behind the shop is to not do the work for you, we will help with advice and a small how to if needed but we want you to learn and fiddle on your own, it is ultimately your bike. We will however be offering some special services like Aluminium welding, Tig welding some metal work and other bits still to be announced.

No having bought a smallholding in Joostenerg Vlakte we have ample space open to us, attached are two pictures of where the shop will be put up, a lot of crap still needs to be moved(we got some with the farm and some we brought with us), recycled ect but my steel arrived late this after noon. Will be posting photos of the progress. What will the shop look like in the end, well we are going for a rustic, rundown look, but being an engineer and not arty designer it might look completely different from my thoughts.

So lets see how it goes and who might be interested in this idea, remember the more the merrier and the focus is the biking community, Adventure biker to Sunday cruiser.

Cheers vir eers.

Attachments

• 20170717_120002_resized.jpg
    20170717_120002_resized.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 942
  • 20170717_120012_resized.jpg
    20170717_120012_resized.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 937