Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Boeing 737 rear exhaust  (Read 1576 times)

Offline billy-joe

Re: Boeing 737 rear exhaust
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2017, 12:44:57 am »
what trailblazer says is true for most types of passenger airlines with 100+ seats on. some of the smaller stuff like I work on, the apu can not be started in the air and shuts down automatically as soon as there is weight off wheels.  that's when you kak the pilot out for not going thru his checklist!

again, not all engines use air that is bled off the apu to start the main engines but it definitely is the vast majority of them and the 737 is def one of them.  Not sure what he missed that got our friend so upset!

inform us old boy!
-There is no road to happiness...Happiness is the road.
-One cannot drink beer all day long if you do not start early in the morning says Welsh!!

Offline ON-RNR

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • NC whats to C when the new CRF 1000 arrive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2017, 10:05:37 pm »
I have a bout 1500 hours flying time  under the belt of which half of those flights I landed without any engine power no problem!
Silence is golden ..duck tape is silver

Offline westfrogger

• Bike: BMW 650GS / Dakar / Sertão
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 07:44:18 am »
Hudson accident (haven't seen the documentary and the film lost me 60 seconds in when Cpt Hero was flying between buildings, which he never did): A320 needs power to drive everything except a few switches and lights in the cockpit. So if they lost both engines he would've HAD to start the APU to have any form of control over the aircraft.

I'd bet my freshly made cup of coffee the APU ranks pretty highly on the engine-out checklist.

So, wherethefukareyou, please enlighten us with your theory.

Offline Casting from Turd

• Dont lick ass, You get a shit taste in your mouth! Ek is die DROL in jou drinkwater
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
    • addobackpackers.com
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 09:31:35 am »
I thought that's where the toilet flushes out.

Toilet system is fully self-contained.. a honey-sucker empties the tank and pumps clean blue chemical liquid into the supply tank.

Then why do we get so much kak from above?
I dont want to ride fast, But I want to ride FAR
Past Bikes...Honda XR250 Tornado
Honda XR650L
Honda XL1000V Varadero

Offline VaalBaas

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Sogenaamde Vleismeester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 11:28:06 am »
 :spitcoffee: :imaposer:

I tried the rest and still stick with the best.  -   ROOIVLEIS
2006 Hp2 - 2006 Hp2 - 2008 R1200 GSA -  2009 R1200 S - 1998 R1200 C       

2003 Yamaha 350 Banshee SE   2006 Yamaha 200 Blaster SE   TW200 Project Bike

Offline westfrogger

• Bike: BMW 650GS / Dakar / Sertão
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 03:15:22 pm »
I thought that's where the toilet flushes out.

Toilet system is fully self-contained.. a honey-sucker empties the tank and pumps clean blue chemical liquid into the supply tank.

Then why do we get so much kak from above?

Take your fetishes elsewhere.

Offline DR BIG 750

• Bike: Suzuki DR 750S Big
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2017, 05:44:13 am »
nice fred :thumleft: I think aircrash investigation show is great, apu stickshakers anall..
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline KaTooMatt

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:21 pm »
Hudson accident (haven't seen the documentary and the film lost me 60 seconds in when Cpt Hero was flying between buildings, which he never did): A320 needs power to drive everything except a few switches and lights in the cockpit. So if they lost both engines he would've HAD to start the APU to have any form of control over the aircraft.

I'd bet my freshly made cup of coffee the APU ranks pretty highly on the engine-out checklist.

So, wherethefukareyou, please enlighten us with your theory.

Should have stayed with the film. The buildings are a recurring nightmare the pilot has as a result of flying out of New York often. 10 more seconds and you would have got that. Interesting how the American authorities are always trying to achieve a pilot error ruling so as to save the big insurance payouts. Amazing how few people can actually put themselves in the pilots shoes in a crisis like that. To think the Simulator pilots new before their attempts what was going to hapen and what they were going to do.

Admittedly I was about to switch off in disgust when my phone rang allowing me to see the rest as I left it running while I took the call.
"These are not machines for the meek. Ride it like you stole it, cane it within an inch of its life. It will require a bunch of maintenance and generally tend to be, shall we say, harsh? It was bred for racing, after all. It will devour rear tires and its lust for fuel will astound you. It will suffer indifference and carelessness very poorly. Like heroin and Asian girls, it's not for everybody, but when you absolutely, positively, GOTS to beat every m*****f****** in the race, accept no substitu

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2017, 03:30:57 pm »
i didnt think it was that bad a movie ...... but ...........  the only flying i have done is the space shutt.....  no  the step ladder
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Shaun500

• Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 11:09:13 am »
Don't they also have a ram air turbine for emergency power?  Not sure if the latest model 737 has it.