Garmin DriveSmart 51 problem importing from Basecamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinusBez

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Evening ladies and gents

I have a Garmin DriveSmart 51 and did the map update to 2018 maps as well as have T4A 2017 on it.

I'm trying to import a route from Basecamp in .gpx format and get an error "Cannot save...." the ... follows the name of the file and that's it.
Read online that one can drop the .gpx files directly into the GPS' GPX folder but the same thing happened. I've switched off T4A, switched off the SA map to no avail.

I've tried "Where to" followed by "Trips" then I get a screen that reads "Trip Planner enjoy the drive again" folowed by two buttons only
1. Saved trips - in this case shows nil; and
2. New trip

When selecting "new trip" it want's to create a new trip asking for start location, add location of select destination.

I've also tried Bluetooth from my 395LM, it connects and everything but cannot drop that route. Smartlink I don't know what that does but it is useless in my opinion as some on the net also mumble something about that.

I've also change a "trip" to a "route" in Basecamp as well as combining the route for a multi day trip both without success.