Kaokoland: I was tired of reading about it!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stroke her

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
I have spent many many hours reading ride reports on this forum...especially on Namibia and more particularly Kaokoland. Days dreamt away behind the PC screen, FOMO, resentment and envy...yes sometimes reading the exploits of others does not bring out the best in oneself :-[

I missed out on a previous Kaokoland and Angola trip...then hurt my lower back and did not ride for 2 years. On top of that the company I work for has been going through all types of ownership changes etc etc...In a nutshell I was reaching the point of implosion, meltdown call it what you wish...time for a TIME OUT!!

So I went to Namibia...and it was better than any cure, ointment or remedy any doctor, phychiatrist or snake oil salemen could give :thumleft:

I am not one for writing ride reports...too much admin. However during my trip planning I relied heavily on the reports of others to get my planning spot on. Hence I hope my report can serve as the same for someone else one day.

Before we start some thank you's, disclaimer and apologies:

Thank you too:
The missus...for putting up with my shit but also for encouraging me to travel and get out of my comfort zone...and for picking up the pieces when I go too far.
2TDan and Beserker...for info, encouragement and wisdom imparted over many years
Rory...my friend that works for Inmarsat for the satphone and uncapped airtime
Myself...for putting in the work to be able to afford this >:D

Apologies:
To all the readers that are about to be scarred with my inferior writing and random ramblings and the photos. I am really lazy when it comes to documenting anything...hence I just snapped away at anything.
To the missus for the stress a trip like this puts her through.
To my mates for going without you (julle bliksems wil mos kinders he!! >:D)

Disclaimer:
I am writing this so that I can remember the trip and share it with friends and family. Normally I come home and my recollection of a trip is a random rehash of images, jumbled stories (forgetting half of it until much later something reminds me of it) and general sense of stoke.
I will try and include everything in my own words...hence if the language use offends then don't read on >:D. This i will do to try and convey the feel of the trip as I experienced it at the time.

So since most is back at work after the holidays, enjoy burning some gigs at work while slowly settling back into the slavery groove :)

Attachments

• 20170709_103207.jpg
    20170709_103207.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,547