BMW MOTORRAD - NAVIGATOR V (DID YOU KNOW???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n0b0dy

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Chaps need assistance please.

So lets start at the beginning.

A few weeks back realized my GPS ( as per heading) not working properly in the cradle of my bike. (LC GSA)
When I turn the wheel on I drive the scroll function ( or zoom depending on what function you in) works 100%
but when I thumb or finger ( excuse the misconception ) or select by pressing the wheel nothing happens.

I take bike to bmw for recall on the forks.. ask them to check the cradle..
They charged me for a full diagnostic checkup on the bike. ( bleksems)  and report that is absolutely nothing wrong with bike......wait for it....... its the gps...
They even showed me by taking another clients gps put in my bike .....100%
Then took my gps put in his bike ... problem still there.

So they offer me a discounted rate on a replacement unit R8400!!!!....( WHAT!!!!)

ok.... no can do...
I tried everything on the net to figure out what could be wrong. eventually phone garmin sa for assistance....
Now here is the big issue at hand...
Just to be told Garmin SA cannot assist as this product is not supported by Garmin SA.!
All BMW Motorrad  GPS's are grey imports from the UK by BMW... BMW don't support any product out of warrantee.
The best Garmin SA can do is offer me a ZUMO (that wont work with by onboard computer) at a discounted rate .They in turn will then fight with Garmin UK for reimbursement...

So any one here know that Nav V not supported by Garmin
Any one know of a problem like this?
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated 

Thanks
n0b