Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Reverse osmosis system caoe town area  (Read 431 times)

Offline geopat

• Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
    • View Profile
Reverse osmosis system caoe town area
« on: July 25, 2017, 02:21:47 pm »
Hi guys Im wondering if anyone has any experience/ advice regarding home scale RO systems we live on a small holding with 4 families and there is only 1 water meter so we pay for water at the highest possible rate and the way things are looking that rate is only going to go up but we have loads of brackish groundwater that I would like to make pottable

Can anyone recomend any comoanies in the cape town area that sell these systems and give some idea of how much they cost to set up and run

Offline Motties

• Was Darksider
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse osmosis system caoe town area
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 03:02:02 pm »
Speak to Emma at Water Components SA, 122 Capricorn Drive, Capricorn Park, Muizenberg. Tel 021 788 5341, www.wcsa.co.za
'16 KTM 300 XCW

Offline geopat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 03:42:14 pm »
Thanks Ill get in touch with them

Offline dassie

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • live life extremely
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 08:35:17 pm »
Aqua marine in Cape town services ours.
We have a system that processes about 6,5 litres per minute.
They are not cheap.
uhhh yes doctor, i know im adicted.....

Online Sprocketbek

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 10:11:21 pm »
High maintenance?
We tried a set-up at work many years ago and it gave endless shit.
They eventually gave up on it.
KTM 990 Adv
KTM 640 Adv

Offline pwt

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Proudly White Tribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 10:45:23 pm »
I have a RO50 system that I bought from Makro approx 10 years ago, it's a excellent little 6 stage system that produces 50 gallons per day,
You might however have to look at something bigger for 4 families with larger water storage capacity
 The only money  that I have spent on the system over the years , besides the 6 monthly and annual filter changes were to replace a 24v transformer and the water tank, so they are really not high maintenance gadgets
The unit I have is distributed by a small company called Waterwell, not sure if Makro still stock them
Hope this helps,  but it's probably a good idea to speak with someone in the know

Offline geopat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 12:15:49 am »
I have a RO50 system that I bought from Makro approx 10 years ago, it's a excellent little 6 stage system that produces 50 gallons per day,
You might however have to look at something bigger for 4 families with larger water storage capacity
 The only money  that I have spent on the system over the years , besides the 6 monthly and annual filter changes were to replace a 24v transformer and the water tank, so they are really not high maintenance gadgets
The unit I have is distributed by a small company called Waterwell, not sure if Makro still stock them
Hope this helps,  but it's probably a good idea to speak with someone in the know

Is that system taking water off the mains or from an outside source? My ground water is pretty poor quality

Offline pwt

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Proudly White Tribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 10:05:54 pm »

Is that system taking water off the mains or from an outside source? My ground water is pretty poor quality

This system connect.to mains, taking it from anywhere else might require additional filtration, not sure what else you're going to need

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT225
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 10:25:52 pm »
The City of Cape Town recognises that separate households might be drawing from the same meter, and are thus the account holder is unfairly billed. Look at the City's website and you'll find an Affidavit to fill in attesting to the number of dwellings. You should then qualify for that many "first free amounts".

This being said, they have been delaying my application since mid-February, and they still can't give me an answer.
The ne'er-do-wells seem to be doing quite well for a change.