Runner to the Rescue (Twice)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseldawie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Just wanted to say thanks to Conrad, Michelle, Dave and the rest of the crew at Offroad Cycles who got us out of the KAK twice today. Started this morning when I picked up a puncture on the way to sign some documents in Brooklyn early. A can of tyre weld and I manage to limp up to his place just as they opened. New Tube fitted for just the price of the tube.
Pebbles then goes off to Menlyn on the AT to get shopping and then back home to pack bike ready for the KZN Bash. She gets back to the bike and front wheel is flat. The third puncture in a month on the original OEM crappy tyres fitted by Honda. Google shows Honda wing Menlyn just up the road so she limps up there help.
Firstly they tell her that they dont stock tubes. She points out that she has a spare in the crash bar bags. They still cant help as they have too many bikes to fix that day. She was thinking of opening tool tube and changing tube herself, thought that they probably dont have any air to inflate it either. What a KAK dealership.
SO I phone runner from work who jumps in his bakkie off to Honda Menlyn and proceeds to load a brand new AT that they cannot fix onto his bakkie in front of the dealership.
At this point I had had enough of the Shifty tyres, so Dave is busy organising me something more suitable that wont keep snake biting the tube every time you hit a bump.
Back at offroad cycles new tyres fitted with thick tubes. No I did not get discount, but did not get charged for the pickup either
And later this evening, Conrad phones me to make sure that I am happy with the Tyres.
Thats what I call Service.

The only downside to this story is that during the ride in the bakkie Pebbles seems to have learned some colourful new expletives which I hope she will save for future unhelpful Honda Dealers. :peepwall: