Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The Bike Show now has an internet  (Read 786 times)

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Britten (all models)
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
The Bike Show now has an internet
« on: August 14, 2017, 12:31:45 pm »
After 17 years of working with a wood derivative-based medium (also known as a "magazine" printed on this old-fashioned stuff called "paper") I have taken my first step into the world of digital-based electronicalness.

The Bike Show has offered me a something to do (I wouldn't go so far as to call it a job or employment) which is running the new website www.thebikeshow.co.za

Please go have a look and tell me what you think. Be kind(ish).

There's also one of those video things that The Bike Show does sometimes telling the whole story:

https://youtu.be/Bltv7I7Ccv4

Does anyone know how to embed on this forum?

Offline BLK

Re: The Bike Show now has an internet
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 12:46:07 pm »
Much better and a good move.The paper medium is dead in my view.Anything on paper is old news.

I find your bike show pretty light hearted and entertaining,thks.I know there are people who don't like the humour but I find it welcome.

Good Luck.

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 12:55:54 pm »
Much better and a good move.The paper medium is dead in my view.Anything on paper is old news.

I find your bike show pretty light hearted and entertaining,thks.I know there are people who don't like the humour but I find it welcome.

Good Luck.

Thanks mate. You're a legend.

Offline Mikie

• Kyalami - Jozi
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 01:27:56 pm »
&feature=youtu.be

Just paste the full link
:paw:

Pronounciation:
M-aai-kie
My-Key

Offline Ragbert

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • It's never to late!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 02:02:03 pm »
Would love to have more local bike related content to watch. Is there a YouTube channel that I can subscribe to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BMW F650GS Dakar '03

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 02:58:26 pm »
&feature=youtu.be

Just paste the full link

Grand! Thanks Mikie

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 03:00:49 pm »
Would love to have more local bike related content to watch. Is there a YouTube channel that I can subscribe to?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hello Ragbert

There is a YouTube channel for The Bike Show.

Here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/user/IgnitionBikeShow/featured

Offline WimC

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 05:45:02 am »
Will it be possble to see complete episodes on Youtube (or even Showmax) and not just excerpts? Not able to see TV program here in Aus.
KTM 1090 Adventure R
Yamaha WR250R

Offline Buddy

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 07:57:28 am »

Just a question: You see all that lovely Snap-on gear in the background, but it certainly appears that the 3 presenters do not have a clue how to use any of it. Is it there to try to raise the image of the show, or to earn advertising revenue?
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 11:41:09 pm »

Just a question: You see all that lovely Snap-on gear in the background, but it certainly appears that the 3 presenters do not have a clue how to use any of it. Is it there to try to raise the image of the show, or to earn advertising revenue?

A bit of both really. Harry and our director are prefectly good with tools. Mat and I are completely usless. The last time I tried it there was literally a small fire.

Offline Omninorm

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2017, 09:35:08 am »
Great move! I am digging the new format you guys are going for.

Some advice from a casual observer.
For instance the 390 vs 310 and Versys vs CRF, great format, but that whole "movie" almost feels like an intro to something greater. Maybe after or before or in the middle spend a bit more time on the bikes. i.e Show more up close shots, on how the dashboard works, how it looks like when you deactivate or activate features, more close ups of the engine and so on. i.e more details on the actual bikes. You can even do these as their own youtube clips and link them from your main movie at the end so people can click on those.

Otherwise I really like what you guys are doing and you have even got some international attention I see. Best of luck!
Current: :
Previous:  KTM 690 Enduro R , BMW G310GS, BMW 1200GS LC, BMW F800GS, Suzuki Vstrom 650, Honda Transalp XLV700, BMW Xchallenge, BMW Xcountry, Yamaha WR250F, Honda NC750X, Honda XR150, Kawasaki KLX450R, Yamaha YZ250, Kawasaki KX450, Yamaha YZ250F,  KTM 250 XCW, Yamaha DT125, Yamaha DT50, Honda NSR250, Yamaha RZ 50.

Offline 2-Stroke

• Forum Vendor
  • Race Dog
  • The Bike Show
    • The Bike Show
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2017, 10:43:26 am »
Great move! I am digging the new format you guys are going for.

Some advice from a casual observer.
For instance the 390 vs 310 and Versys vs CRF, great format, but that whole "movie" almost feels like an intro to something greater. Maybe after or before or in the middle spend a bit more time on the bikes. i.e Show more up close shots, on how the dashboard works, how it looks like when you deactivate or activate features, more close ups of the engine and so on. i.e more details on the actual bikes. You can even do these as their own youtube clips and link them from your main movie at the end so people can click on those.

Otherwise I really like what you guys are doing and you have even got some international attention I see. Best of luck!

Thanks mate. The vs films get a little more rushed because we are sort of road testing two bikes in the same amount of airtime that we normally do one, but we can look into it. The road tests of single bikes are usually better.