Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Taking of and putting back crashbars tools needed  (Read 301 times)

Offline krokonoster

Taking of and putting back crashbars tools needed
« on: August 22, 2017, 12:40:43 pm »
Did not really look but figured let me ask anyhow.  (please note I'm not technical and just figure out shit as I go along, many  times with catastrophic results)

Just want to remove the crash bars on my adventure, to do something and place it back.

What tools I need to go buy (bare minimum)?   I assume a torque spanner thing and a "notsurewhatitcalled" that fit on the bolts holding the crash bar in place?

If I'm right, where I find what torque the tool must be set to for the crashbars.

Offline YoungGSer

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Ride the WORLD
Re: Taking of and putting back crashbars tools needed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 03:56:31 pm »
Did not really look but figured let me ask anyhow.  (please note I'm not technical and just figure out shit as I go along, many  times with catastrophic results)

Just want to remove the crash bars on my adventure, to do something and place it back.

What tools I need to go buy (bare minimum)?   I assume a torque spanner thing and a "notsurewhatitcalled" that fit on the bolts holding the crash bar in place?

If I'm right, where I find what torque the tool must be set to for the crashbars.

Speak to ClimbingTurtle, he is the Guru on all thing tool related. he designed bike tool roll for my bike was and contains everything you need to basically strip the bike(if needs be) on the road side...best of all, its half the size of most of the kits you can buy.

P.S His Torque wrenches are also excellent quality.

The Original Barstool Prophet

R1200 GS Adventure 2017

Offline krokonoster

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:01:44 pm »

Speak to ClimbingTurtle, he is the Guru on all thing tool related. he designed bike tool roll for my bike was and contains everything you need to basically strip the bike(if needs be) on the road side...best of all, its half the size of most of the kits you can buy.

P.S His Torque wrenches are also excellent quality.

Cool, sent him a PM.    Thanks not laughing at my stupid questions   :imaposer:

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 07:16:11 pm »
PM replied to - thank you!

And never a stupid question if you don't know the answer!!!

And we sell the loose tools as well - not only complete kits!

Cheers,

CT
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure - 2007 G650x - 1981 XT500 x2 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!

Offline ClimbingTurtle

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Give It Horns - Save Our Rhino's
    • Majita Tool Supplies
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2017, 07:52:30 am »
And here is the link to my advert as well.....

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=210388.0

Cheers,

CT
www.majita.co.za - we sell tools!

"And if I knew I was going to be this thirsty, I would have drunk more last night"

2010 R1200GS Adventure - 2007 G650x - 1981 XT500 x2 - 1980 XT500 - Gone to Mud Island for a better life with Roadcat the Lordly, Keeper of the Mead...!