KTM Adventure Rally - There and Back Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraZer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R Rally
I've long since been keen on attending one of the KTM Adventure Rallies in Australia or New Zealand and was delighted when I heard that South Africa will be hosting their very own. Not really sure of the format for the American and European ones, but the Australian and New Zealand ones are typically 5 days with different overnight stops. I was a little disappointed that the South African one would be 2 days of riding from the same venue, but open mind and all that. I'm not one to trailer my bike and with the event being in the Drakensberg I decided to ride there and back. To make the most of it I also wanted to do two days in Lesotho. Initially I had planned to leave Tuesday, but that did not allow enough time to include Lesotho. So my KTM Adventure Rally has turned into an 11 day, mostly solo, ride.

Day 1 - Cape Town to Willomore
Today was nothing special and I just slabbed it all the way to make time and get out of the Western Cape.

y4md0qx9EexYE2sFCGrxYm_Sd9VieJcuoqCvtxesnrRqyaHDP-rchjTPUfO9N8N81y4FPSgLWjRIeFlXxVd7kBXTAb9mT1EqoFq4m9Y0IfH6mkNyeJFvbpFuXUJ_Jf28vVNkXWqgvm1SuVDpkxuwIsVXSs-sr4NcdHCDuuJsoDHqkoouXvNWBg0l5ObJgJiSY2sZTNpLO4lifBiUs1RDBP2Xg

Leaving Cape Town. Was a lot colder than I had anticipated.

y4mItlChV1eyCyPenwUubOnNofyOYbWSVgufduNDra9h1UAQE6VBjqLqUaUZWMYZcQbelHtiE3EedwGJlQ_PeikCUjnIdz7QfMd9p2OK0gxeqNAirhLgw2uzfhs47Vws97MV9oLb8u3HIrLfHWIEaVZBfW0JPlPiYsYmx_gI_i-9c1vIHzwaYT-UhEIIG011Z_H2FEgX0ORobX2VL0Gnv3fmg

Some snow while approaching Ladismith.

y4mKp23Pz7Se2k0Knc3fTJoWpCzh2s0GwL1ZN7HqFmIyrRo1gvaqvI7vprm0y8RB4zHT-bNrgkl3zNZU_7dddlb0Qng_Fwz1ExZ-BlW4UdJdKS1SVDpk9mKZBJPMZVkbpMcZpcXS5d3tOGyIC7J6MKSJSiaxAFleSDr12nGTP8i0Co0WH24Dgtq2SPOhmQpTEgAsHDujhiW7a_NV2kVmliLdw

Leaving Oudtshoorn, there was a fair bit of snow about on the nearby peaks.