BMW GS Boots damage...should I pursue warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krokonoster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I bought a pair of GS Boots new about 4 months ago.  As far I know all BMW gear comes with a 2-year warranty (might be wrong of course) but who return shoes?  Kinda gross no?

Not sure what I should do.  I'm one of those like to wear my boots on the outside of my pants and when I ride with the boots I'm going pretty rough so know I'm partly responsible for the damage.

But on the other hand, these boots did cost me over R 5,000 and from what I was told when trying to decide on boots is that Forma make the GS boots and BMW slap on a hefty price and 2-year warranty (was going to take a pair of Sidi Crossfire 3)

What would you guys do?  Rather just keep using them till they totally stukkend and then buy something else, or... ?

Damage is small chips of the material coming from the one boot.  Going to clean it first now before taking a pic because got trolled on Facebook asking the same question with shitty comments like "you abused them", "how dare you expect a refund" blah blah...fok, I just asked  :-(