Project bike for bike crazy neighbourhood kid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buff

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
So I was working in the garage last night on this old Corolla stops outside and out jumps what can only be described as a “bike nut” of a kid  :eek: I’d guess him at about 10-12yrs old and his first words to me were “Wil oom nie miskien een van oom se bikes aan my verkoop nie asseblief oom?” I checked him out like he was daft because my 3 bikes all stand at about his chest height  ;D ;D ;D
Gees, the kid had verbal diarrhoea, he couldn’t stop talking “Is dit a 4 stroke oom? Hoe vinnig is die baaik Oom? Kan hy wheelie Oom? Hoe kan Oom so baie bikes bekostig Oom?”  :imaposer:

Turns out this kid is just simply bike crazy because his Dad then climbed out and had a chat to me. The kid has ridden his Chinese special FUBAR and the kid begged his Dad to ride around the whole neighbour and stop at all the “Ooms” which he knew rode bikes (the kid had scoped us all out  ;D) and he would run in and ask if anyone had a bike to sell him

Okay, so the gist is that they don’t have a lot of cash to work with. The old man used to ride some MX back in the day and he can only afford a real fixer-upper that he and the kid can do as a dad/son project over time and then get the kid riding again. I’d guess the kid at around 10-11 yrs old so here’s a plea to any Dawgs who maybe have an old 85cc or similar lying around for min cash to drop me a line please. The bike does not need to be running, but needs to be complete. They’re willing to put in the leg work and do some bonding time and preferably a 2 stroke because the Old man has worked on his way back when so he has some basic knowledge.

Shot  :thumleft:

For those who wish to make contributions :

G. Wolmarans
FNB Current(cheque) account
Branch : Greenacres
Code : 250655

I will keep a rolling list to show payments And when I transfer to Buff I'll give him a copy of the statement.