Plastic Bike Which One? Update: KTM 300 XC-W 2018, Broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GEE-SH

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Ok to be honest, I'm a bit (ok more than than a bit) over the adventure riding thing. I enjoyed every moment since I bought my first proper Dual Purpose Bike, 2005.  But recently the whole adventure biking thing started to bore me - been there done 1000's of km, I'm over it.

Consequently I sold my GSA without any urge to replace or upgrade to the 2018 model.... until last month in a moment of boredness, which only added to my decision.

I merely looked at the new 2018 GSA, with panniers and Topbox and a few other addons  - R300 000, WTF are they smoking!!!  :eek: 

So riding to the office on the R9T earlier this week, I noted a few okes out on an early morning  ride, bashing around on their plastic bikes in the open field next to the William Moffett (Parkade).  Immediately I knew I need to rekindle my childhood introduction to the amazing world of bikes. 

Within an hour I was standing in the KTM showroom, then test rode a Yamaha, tyre sniffing a Honda and trying to figure out what the purpose of a Free Rider is, all before lunchtime.  Things definitely changed a lot since I dipped into the enduro scene!!!

So all those in the know and have experience, please help me as my head is currently buzzing with decisions and options.  At this stage I'm looking at 450cc 4T but that does not mean I will not consider a 300cc 2T, after all nothing beats the sound and smell of a 2T!!!

I mainly want to use the bike to thrash around in the bushes with friends, over weekends, no serious racing etc

Currently I'm considering the KTM450 EXC-F or the Yamaha YZ450FX

Those in the know point me in the right direction asseblief