Dead battery behaviour?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wobbler

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
The battery on my 990 has been showing signs of being on the way out for a little while now.
I have just come back from 3 months in Saudi and found that the battery cannot crank the bike despite having been on the C-Tec and showing all green lights.
I had the battery tested and both the state of health and voltage gave back readings of 100% (12.63v and 212SAE).
The battery guy insisted that the battery was not at fault, but I decided to buy a new one none the less.
Upon fitting the new battery it swung the motor to life at the 1st push of the button.
Now, I noticed that the battery I removed was 12S when it should have been a 14S which surely in my mind isn't much of a difference (yet clearly it must be).

Anyway, all is well that ends well.
Thanks to Chris and team at Flying Brick for recommending Deltec - I never would have thought of looking there for a bike battery. The other guys I phoned around to did not have stock and I want to ride!

BTW - R649 for the correct 14S Deltec battery, which I thought wasn't too bad.